T-post one, me zero

Help Support CattleToday:

I got the estimated bill from the hospital today. It was a little over $2700, to honest I'm a bit livid about it. I was only in there for a little over an hour. They soaked my fingers and sewed up my thumb, and used some glue the glue the rest of me together. Because I am self pay they took off 40%, and at the nurses station they wrote that they were giving another 20%. I saved about $1400, but I'm pretty sure that didn't include the doctor. I expect to get a bill in a few months, and if it is like the last time I was in the ER it will be for about the same amount as my discount.

crazy. All depends on the hospital and place. If its a large network of hospitals it will be a huge bill no matter what. I look for small, non-network hospitals to go to. usually a lot better service and a bill thats about 80% less.

Last time I went was around 2019 for something.... (went in a few weeks ago for something) ..looks like the costs have around tripled since then.

You walk thru the doors of an ER and they fix you up no matter what. A large segment of population can't/don't pay so the hospital eats all those costs. Since the hospital needs to earn money to stay operational they pass those unpaid bills onto the folks who have insurance or the ability to pay.

maybe we should vacation to mexeeeco and walk across.. get us some free medical.. plus all the other goodies..

man.. something is wrong with that .. . don't you think?

Latest posts