Someone Update me about Moler?

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":33mlm74p said:
I figured I would get this question asked. :D

Sometimes, I want to buy when the majority are selling and I want to sell when the majority are buying. I guess you can call me a contrarian at times. Other times, it just doesn't make any sense what I do.

Okay, you don't want what everyone else has, but what are you trying to accomplish with these cattle?

Why do you own the frame size you own?

Efficiency, market acceptance, adaptability. Or in one word: Income

cfpinz

Hill Creek Farm":34cug67u said:
..... I am personally not a fan of Online anymore due to the fact that his sons are having problems and I don't want to spread that into my "new" hereford progeny.

What kind of problems are his sons having?

Chris H":3dqbfq7q said:
Hill Creek Farm":3dqbfq7q said:
..... I am personally not a fan of Online anymore due to the fact that his sons are having problems and I don't want to spread that into my "new" hereford progeny.

What kind of problems are his sons having?
Hello Chris! Well, Moler, for instance, having problems getting semen out of hima nd frozen. I do know that something happened to the Sooner bull at Barber Ranch. I am afraid that his sons are going to have testicle problems and that is why I am avoiding him. After seeing Online herninate himself, and his sire 8E and 8Es sire did as well, it kind of makes you wonder. Although Online daughters in production look right nice.

This kid is like a fart in a wind storm. He was all gunhoe over this online bull till someone came on here questioning him. Now he flip flopped and wants nothing to do with him. :roll:

Would someone please enlighten me?
Is HCF the same person as 100%?
If so what breed is he actually promoting?
Onebreath it is angus and all the high dollar animals he has supposedly purchased, next breath it is back to herefords?
Is he really that good to be able to extensivley breed a d promote two breeds?
Sorry for being confused!
Also wasn't one of the two supposed to have gone to the big cattle ranch in the sky?

hopalong":2hjr39mu said:
Onebreath it is angus and all the high dollar animals he has supposedly purchased, next breath it is back to herefords?
Also wasn't one of the two supposed to have gone to the big cattle ranch in the sky?

Finks has two breeds and does a good job of it. They are one of the most successful operations in the USA.

Maybe HCF and 100% is taking lessons from them? :lol:

hopalong":jdwfp5nf said:

Hop,
Why bring up such stuff? Don't need more people stirring the pot. Let's try to keep discussions more positive.

Muratic":17dsjebw said:
This kid is like a fart in a wind storm. He was all gunhoe over this online bull till someone came on here questioning him. Now he flip flopped and wants nothing to do with him. :roll:

Fickle ;-)

HerefordSire":1haxk7em said:
KNERSIE":1haxk7em said:
Herefordsire

i am curious to know why you are looking to go bigger frame size wise. Is your current herd too small framed or is it your market, environment, personal preference or other reasons?

I am not critisizing, I am just curious as it seems that the rest of the world is going back to frame 5-6 animals.

You can PM me if you don't want to discuss this on the board.

I figured I would get this question asked. :D

Sometimes, I want to buy when the majority are selling and I want to sell when the majority are buying. I guess you can call me a contrarian at times. Other times, it just doesn't make any sense what I do.

Some people like a nice SUV to go to church on Sundays to feel like they are normal. I just drive an old olds and I stand out like a red garbage can. I sock the $30-40K cash in other investments. I will be buying the 5-7 year old SUV when the majority decide they don't want them after the price of gasoline comes down. Most people stay away from calories. I look for food with the most calories. I wonder how many calories difference in an 8 frame versus a 5-6 frame?

Why do you own the frame size you own?

I would call that eccentric!

You never did answer the straight up question as to where your market is?

Do you plan on keeping them as pets, or making Oxen out of them? How's your feed bill?

One last question, given a pasture environment do you really think the offspring will reach that frame without any additional supplementation?

Hill Creek Farm said:
Well, Moler, for instance, having problems getting semen out of hima nd frozen. After seeing Online herninate himself, and his sire 8E and 8Es sire did as well, it kind of makes you wonder. quote]

ok lets get the point across that moler injuried his BACK. second, i don't think 8E herninate himself. In my opinion online is a nice bull, and the calves I have outta him are really nice.... I will still use him AND his sons.

Brandonm2":3ia3gzw9 said:
I don't know why you would ever want anything bigger than a frame 7; but Harper Cattle Company
http://www.harpercattle.com/hereford.html
does have some deep ribbed wide tracking Hereford herd sires that (By my math) would be in Frame 8 territory. If anybody has a 2000 lb Hereford cow floating around it would be them or Remitall.

Probably nothing to be to proud of but the gentleman that I have bought my last two bulls from holds the record at the sale barn for the biggest cow ever sold to slaughter. She was a line one hereford and weighed 2100 lbs. That is of course around here. And I think I have one that is close but havent weighed her yet. and she is only three. JHH

Latest posts