Someone Update me about Moler?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm

Reaction score
I have this thought in my mind that Moler has either:
1. Passed on and that is why semen is so much a unit now.
2. He injuried himself someway and that is why semen is so high.
3. DeShazer, Moler, and Barber all want to watch his EPDS, so that they don't get out of control like when everybody used P606 and look what happened to his EPDS. P606's BW EPD a few years ago was -4.8. Then it jumped up to -1.6. Then it jumped all the way up to +7.3 and now I think its in the sixes. So, if anyone knows what has happened to Moler, please let me know. Thanks!

if you would actually read the threads, you might have seen this:

smnherf":2wrajsfd said:
I was at our states' annual meeting and calf sale sale this past weekend and from what I heard Moler has quit produceing freezable semen. Hence the increase in price.

or maybe you could just call Tim?:

Hill Creek Farm":2wrajsfd said:
I have good connections with DeShazers. Do you know Tim and Fiona, Devon? Take care. :cboy:

I have talked with Tim

Yes, I got word from Tim Lockhart, just about an hour after the deal was sealed.

Herefordcross":wclcirr4 said:
I still haven't heard any comment about those white papers on the table at the VHA sale last Saturday.

come on now do you actually expect "ole" smoke and mirrors matt to respond to a straight forward question with a straight answer? :roll:
the BOY has more excuses and ways to get out of a mess than a bus load of kids that forgot their homework!! :D
sad to think this is the future of the cattle business. :cry: :cry:

Hill Creek Farm":15wyi0me said:
I have this thought in my mind that Moler has either:
1. Passed on and that is why semen is so much a unit now.
2. He injuried himself someway and that is why semen is so high.
3. DeShazer, Moler, and Barber all want to watch his EPDS, so that they don't get out of control like when everybody used P606 and look what happened to his EPDS. P606's BW EPD a few years ago was -4.8. Then it jumped up to -1.6. Then it jumped all the way up to +7.3 and now I think its in the sixes. So, if anyone knows what has happened to Moler, please let me know. Thanks!

How is that possible? HC are you insinuating that Purebred breeders would twist data to make epds appear as something they are not? Are you insinuating that by breeding to carefully selected females in hand picked contemporary groups epds can say whatever you want them to and an unscrupulous breeder might get several years of excellent semen sales until the data came back from all the riff-raff the bull was bred to industry wide. How dare you bad mouth purebred breeders like that. :)

Most of you would probably be better off just answering the question and leaving personal opinions out. Since his return he has calmed down a little, move on and that doesn't mean that you have to forget.

oakcreekfarms":1qb99wxq said:
Most of you would probably be better off just answering the question and leaving personal opinions out. Since his return he has calmed down a little, move on and that doesn't mean that you have to forget.

Oakcreek, you're right about that. There are a few whose only posts are in response to such. They never contribute useful answers to others.

How is that possible? HC are you insinuating that Purebred breeders would twist data to make epds appear as something they are not? Are you insinuating that by breeding to carefully selected females in hand picked contemporary groups epds can say whatever you want them to and an unscrupulous breeder might get several years of excellent semen sales until the data came back from all the riff-raff the bull was bred to industry wide. How dare you bad mouth purebred breeders like that

What rock have you crawled from under. This isn't common but there have been some people that have had their hands slapped for doing this.

Looks like the egg is on your face!

oakcreekfarms":1fo9f95l said:

I agree 100%... let him be and quit causing problems.

Alan

txag":1va5yjss said:
if you would actually read the threads, you might have seen this:

smnherf":1va5yjss said:
I was at our states' annual meeting and calf sale sale this past weekend and from what I heard Moler has quit produceing freezable semen. Hence the increase in price.

or maybe you could just call Tim?:

Hill Creek Farm":1va5yjss said:
I have good connections with DeShazers. Do you know Tim and Fiona, Devon? Take care. :cboy:

I have talked with Tim

Yes, I got word from Tim Lockhart, just about an hour after the deal was sealed.

No joke! ;-) :shock: :lol:

When someone claims to have sold me animals at a highly rated yearly auction, and I know in fact that they haven't. Then you are dag on right I'm gonna bring it up, a bunch of crap like that can tear up a sales reputation as well as the people attending it. I know of one person that didn't attend the sale because, they actually thought HFC was gonna be there.

just got off the phone with someone at Barber Ranch. She guessed he had a back injury of some sort and can't be collected or something. She wasn't too sure. She did add that there was a limited supply of semen left and that one of the partners wants it to be keep with the owners and not sold. Looks like I won't be usin Moler this year, along with many others.

SEC":cd8xo1yn said:
How is that possible? HC are you insinuating that Purebred breeders would twist data to make epds appear as something they are not? Are you insinuating that by breeding to carefully selected females in hand picked contemporary groups epds can say whatever you want them to and an unscrupulous breeder might get several years of excellent semen sales until the data came back from all the riff-raff the bull was bred to industry wide. How dare you bad mouth purebred breeders like that

What rock have you crawled from under. This isn't common but there have been some people that have had their hands slapped for doing this.

Looks like the egg is on your face!

SEC, I was poking HC for his conjecture that the bull was not being used much in order to protect his epds. As far as egg goes, I hear it is good for your complexion. :D

Latest posts