Someone Update me about Moler?

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross":36no7lfd said:
When someone claims to have sold me animals at a highly rated yearly auction, and I know in fact that they haven't. Then you are dag on right I'm gonna bring it up, a bunch of crap like that can tear up a sales reputation as well as the people attending it. I know of one person that didn't attend the sale because, they actually thought HFC was gonna be there.
Who was the actual person that didn't attend the sale because of me? Just curious, Thanks!

Hill Creek Farm":22geu3eb said:
Herefordcross":22geu3eb said:
When someone claims to have sold me animals at a highly rated yearly auction, and I know in fact that they haven't. Then you are dag on right I'm gonna bring it up, a bunch of crap like that can tear up a sales reputation as well as the people attending it. I know of one person that didn't attend the sale because, they actually thought HFC was gonna be there.
Who was the actual person that didn't attend the sale because of me? Just curious, Thanks!

Might've been "100% Black Angus" that didn't show?

Hill Creek Farm":1wokxgdh said:
I have this thought in my mind that Moler has either:
1. Passed on and that is why semen is so much a unit now.
2. He injuried himself someway and that is why semen is so high.
3. DeShazer, Moler, and Barber all want to watch his EPDS, so that they don't get out of control like when everybody used P606 and look what happened to his EPDS. P606's BW EPD a few years ago was -4.8. Then it jumped up to -1.6. Then it jumped all the way up to +7.3 and now I think its in the sixes. So, if anyone knows what has happened to Moler, please let me know. Thanks!
largent & sons herefod are saling some moler sired heifer calves today.so id assume he is still alive or theres still semen available on him.the heifers are selling high $2000 to $2500.an they look real good.

bigbull338":23e6k9dh said:
Hill Creek Farm":23e6k9dh said:
3. DeShazer, Moler, and Barber all want to watch his EPDS, so that they don't get out of control like when everybody used P606 and look what happened to his EPDS. P606's BW EPD a few years ago was -4.8. Then it jumped up to -1.6. Then it jumped all the way up to +7.3 and now I think its in the sixes. So, if anyone knows what has happened to Moler, please let me know. Thanks!
largent & sons herefod are saling some moler sired heifer calves today.so id assume he is still alive or theres still semen available on him.the heifers are selling high $2000 to $2500.an they look real good.
Moler calves are pretty popular right now. I got the Largent & Sons catalog and saw a few in there that I wouldn't mind owning.

well i know one thing when they got to the bred cows an pairs only 2 or 3hd was sold.no 1 was bidding on them at all an they was 3 an 4yr old cows.so they just ended the sale after that.

Hill Creek Farm":v9jnbwkg said:

Hope you are doing well HCF. Glad to see you back. I sure do learn a lot from your posts and I enjoy reading them. I guess I am different than most of your readers, although I can definitely see their point of view.

Good point about the PW bull. When I saw the EPDs change unexpectedly (bearishly) I stayed away from him. I went with CS Boomer 29F, Boomer 46B, and Bogart (in the boomer lines). I figured I need the Bogart for the heifer recipients I have, even though you said he was weak on top.

Have you ever see Online's mom in person?

Why yes, Remitall Catalina 24H is the best uddered female on the market. ALthough she hasn't had a natural calf in a few years, due to extensive flushing, she is a big time cow. Very thick and very eye catching. She is a BIG COW! I bet that cow weighes in the 1700's or more. She is a tank. Of course, Online was a bigger framed bull, being an Embracer 8E, your gonna see some frame. I am personally not a fan of Online anymore due to the fact that his sons are having problems and I don't want to spread that into my "new" hereford progeny.

Seems as though we now have Black Angus 100% and Hill Creek Faems, both in one straw!! :lol: :help: :roll: :lol: :help: :roll:

la4angus":1swfocj5 said:
Seems as though we now have Black Angus 100% and Hill Creek Faems, both in one straw!! :lol: :help: :roll: :lol: :help: :roll:

I think it's all a plot in order to consolidate into the 100% Black Hereford embryo exchange service.

like a fish out of water
flip flop flip flop

angus hereford angus herford.

ohhhhh geee i can't make up my mind :shock:

Hill Creek Farm":9r3ggwjq said:
Why yes, Remitall Catalina 24H is the best uddered female on the market. ALthough she hasn't had a natural calf in a few years, due to extensive flushing, she is a big time cow. Very thick and very eye catching. She is a BIG COW! I bet that cow weighes in the 1700's or more. She is a tank. Of course, Online was a bigger framed bull, being an Embracer 8E, your gonna see some frame. I am personally not a fan of Online anymore due to the fact that his sons are having problems and I don't want to spread that into my "new" hereford progeny.

I believe some of my 3008 daughters are around the same weight with a bigger frame. I would like to get them to 2,000 pounds @ 5 years old. I am very interested in big frames. So far, the largest frame I could find is about 7.7-7.8. Do you know of any larger? I believe Online has a 6.4 frame which is fine for me also, for starters. I like the opportunity of getting the Catalina influence in my heard. Since I can't get too much of Online because of the price, I decided to take a risk with some unproven bulls like Remitall Nitro, Profiler, etc. I am sitting on 16 Online embryos but would like to build up to about 50 to 100 in my bank because I think his progeny and semen will escalate in value in the years ahead. This is a good opportnity to buy his semen before it moves to $1,000 straw or higher. The breeders raising his sons & daughters will receive a premium in the years ahead when the combination of the right cow is discovered.

Herefordsire

i am curious to know why you are looking to go bigger frame size wise. Is your current herd too small framed or is it your market, environment, personal preference or other reasons?

I am not critisizing, I am just curious as it seems that the rest of the world is going back to frame 5-6 animals.

You can PM me if you don't want to discuss this on the board.

KNERSIE":3g7hjzej said:
Herefordsire

i am curious to know why you are looking to go bigger frame size wise. Is your current herd too small framed or is it your market, environment, personal preference or other reasons?

I am not critisizing, I am just curious as it seems that the rest of the world is going back to frame 5-6 animals.

Please discuss it here as I had the same question

dun

HerefordSire":1cvwqvi4 said:
I believe some of my 3008 daughters are around the same weight with a bigger frame. I would like to get them to 2,000 pounds @ 5 years old. I am very interested in big frames. So far, the largest frame I could find is about 7.7-7.8. Do you know of any larger? I believe Online has a 6.4 frame which is fine for me also, for starters. I like the opportunity of getting the Catalina influence in my heard. Since I can't get too much of Online because of the price, I decided to take a risk with some unproven bulls like Remitall Nitro, Profiler, etc. I am sitting on 16 Online embryos but would like to build up to about 50 to 100 in my bank because I think his progeny and semen will escalate in value in the years ahead. This is a good opportnity to buy his semen before it moves to $1,000 straw or higher. The breeders raising his sons & daughters will receive a premium in the years ahead when the combination of the right cow is discovered.

Like the others, I'm curious why you would want to increase frame size and mature weight by that much. Perhaps to have seedstock for the rest of us when we all get ours "too small"?

And you're correct - Online is a bull that DIDN'T have the frame size that many of the Remitall (and Barber) cattle have. When I saw him in Denver (when he won it the second time) that was what impressed me so much about him. He had all those pounds stacked on a frame size that was fully one frame score smaller than the other bulls that Remitall and Barber had on exhibit there. He was quite a "chunk". His more moderate frame score is one of the reasons that he has been more popular to use in relation to other Remitall bulls over the last few years.

George

I don't know why you would ever want anything bigger than a frame 7; but Harper Cattle Company
http://www.harpercattle.com/hereford.html
does have some deep ribbed wide tracking Hereford herd sires that (By my math) would be in Frame 8 territory. If anybody has a 2000 lb Hereford cow floating around it would be them or Remitall.

KNERSIE":2h8kzcxr said:
Herefordsire

I figured I would get this question asked. :D

Sometimes, I want to buy when the majority are selling and I want to sell when the majority are buying. I guess you can call me a contrarian at times. Other times, it just doesn't make any sense what I do.

Some people like a nice SUV to go to church on Sundays to feel like they are normal. I just drive an old olds and I stand out like a red garbage can. I sock the $30-40K cash in other investments. I will be buying the 5-7 year old SUV when the majority decide they don't want them after the price of gasoline comes down. Most people stay away from calories. I look for food with the most calories. I wonder how many calories difference in an 8 frame versus a 5-6 frame?

Why do you own the frame size you own?

dun":3113ca1y said:
HerefordSire":3113ca1y said:
and they'll fit in the chute and alleyways.

dun
Mine won't , bulls at least don't. I have a couple cows that sure scare me about getting stuck. They have to lunge pretty hard.