some easy keeping Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":3c08f650 said:
Man, I wish I was in on this argument. :lol:
Always room for help in a good room cleaning. :lol:

I wonder how I managed to quote a post of his which is no longer available? Suppose he thought better of his post and deleted it after I quoted it?

Chris H":23oxlkcs said:
ga. prime":23oxlkcs said:
Man, I wish I was in on this argument. :lol:
Always room for help in a good room cleaning. :lol:

I wonder how I managed to quote a post of his which is no longer available?
  • Suppose he thought better of his post
and deleted it after I quoted it?
i doubt it that would take thinking. but he got the dumb a.. part nailed

nortexsooook":24x0kkpw said:
No, I did not take the post down, someone else did.
and starting over fresh i see with your first post, i wonder does macon have you on the lets all give notexsoooooooooooooook a warm welcome

Somebody is pulling his posts. He lipped off on another thread about "somebodys herefords" I've been waiting for a guy like him to show up. ;-)

Chris H":z54qd6lp said:
Brandonm2":z54qd6lp said:
nortexsoook":z54qd6lp said:
Listen, whistle-britches, I see plenty of grass in those pastures. You wanna see tough pastures come out to western north Texas and southwestern Oklahoma.

If you heard rattling, it must have been the two bb's in your head clattering together. Try not to turn your head so fast next time.

Later, Coolbreeze!

North Texas????

According to USDA it is just a little abnormally dry there

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html
Try some of these D4 conditions: then criticize folks for feeding hay to protect their remaining grass.

That's correct. We're in D3 in southern Ohio. Because we practice MIG our fields look to be in really good condition compared to others who just stock their pastures and let them graze. But compared to last year, it's sad. Our pond is down 3 foot due to pumping water for the cows(another welfare handout, I guess), the spring we dug out and put in a dam for a new pond has dried up, and stockpiled fescue which should be at least 18 inches high is 4-6 inches. But, it looks green to the pickup seat rancher, :roll:

Exactly, too many people throw their hands up in the air during a drought and just let the cows in all the fields, then when that plays out they have the cows on life support hay and feed. It is a lot better to add the supplements while you still got grass to take the pressure off the pastures and keep the cows from losing multiple condition scores.

Aside from that mosquito buzzing in and out with his ridiculous ramblings, this was a great thread of pictures. The quality of your cattle is to be commended Chris. My kind of Herefords for sure. Good job.

Nice looking herfs Chris. Doing a good job of keeping their weight up. Been through the drought. Know what you are talking about. Held onto ours by the skin of our teeth. Not overgrazing our pastures helped and not stocking to max made a difference.

I like your cattle, they seem to be efficient animals keeping good condition on poor grass. We have struggled with drought here as well and it is no fun for anyone. I do like your show prospect as well, I think she has a lot of depth and capacity and I like how her flank ties into her leg. How is her thickness? Nice pics.

braunvieh":5br2jfgo said:
I like your cattle, they seem to be efficient animals keeping good condition on poor grass. We have struggled with drought here as well and it is no fun for anyone. I do like your show prospect as well, I think she has a lot of depth and capacity and I like how her flank ties into her leg. How is her thickness? Nice pics.
Two months ago I would have told you that March heifer was the sorriest calf her mother ever had. Her profile wasn't much and when she turned to walk away, she almost disappeared because she had no thickness.
At this time I'd have to say her thickness was only adequate. But based on how much she's developed in the last 2 months we thought it was worth getting her in and feeding her for a show this fall. About the best words I can think of to describe her is that she is powerful and has a big, wide stride.
The June calf is actually bigger per day of age than the March calf, at this time. It's a bit too early for me to tell how she'll develop.
Thanks everyone for the comments.