So Long, My Old Friend

Help Support CattleToday:

...and a young Don

dun1.jpg

We lost two dogs in one week during calving this spring, I guess they were making sure Dun got to where he needed to go.

Dun was solid gold in my book.

JWBrahman":277n0i7y said:
We lost two dogs in one week during calving this spring, I guess they were making sure Dun got to where he needed to go.

Dun was solid gold in my book.

Yes he was.

I still look for his posts. :(

I think in his memory we should just occasionally write "benign neglect" as the answer to any given inquiry or worry. And we'll all know what that means--don't fret too much, things will often right themselves if you're patient.

I've been away from this forum for some time. Really hurt my heart to come back and see this sad news.... Dun and I would email occasionally. He was a GOOD man, and easy to talk to. If I had a question (no matter how odd) he always had an answer. RIP Don....

greybeard":3un72qxy said:
I thought this thread was a 'sticky'...a permanent thread that couldn't be bumped down.
Did I misunderstand?

I know! I thought so as well. I wondered when it suddenly was bumped down. :/ ???????????

I haven't been around for some time now. Just saw this post. I too am saddened by the loss of someone whom I never met. Never talked to him on the phone. But we shared numerous PMs and often open discussions on this forum. He was very knowledgeable and I consider him an upright man who left behind a great legacy which is evidenced by the many many thoughtful comments in this post. No doubt he will be an asset to people reading his old posts for many years to come. I pray his family finds peace. He will definitely be missed greatly. Ranch In Peace Don.

Workinonit Farm":e64v4672 said:
greybeard":e64v4672 said:
I thought this thread was a 'sticky'...a permanent thread that couldn't be bumped down.
Did I misunderstand?

I know! I thought so as well. I wondered when it suddenly was bumped down. :/ ???????????

I was wondering the same thing but didn't want folks taking me the wrong way.

Latest posts