So I couldn't help but notice...

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms":1kgcpyxy said:
And theres a difference in people, I can't control who eats the meat from the calves I sell. But if some queer wanted a million dollars worth of dirt work done, I wouldn't work for one, I would go without before I would work for such a person. IMO a queer is worse than a murderer.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on these boards.

To have no moral or standards

Irrational liberalism is not having the ability to make sound judgment decisions, but yet feel they have a clear understanding and interpretation of the situation that is clearly above their understanding and moral compass
No different than rapist or pedophile that justifies the act in their own mind and not having the moral fiber or conscious mind(awareness of something for what it is; internal knowledge: consciousness of wrongdoing)

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Dega Moo":2jmsif20 said:
Hook,
I think you should abandon that avatar in light of this subject. I would suggest you replace the avatar with one of a wind mill in honor of Don Quixote with whom you share the honorable characteristic of perseverance.

For all who say they wouldn't sell to homosexuals or wouldn't work for homosexuals or wouldn't accept money from homosexuals: I pray you understand that such a position is a decision to greatly limit your career and financial achievement potential. I suspect CT is mostly visited by a geriatric bunch and limiting potential is not so much a problem for folks who frequent these boards but for grand kids and kids, it could be a concern.

Were you sober when this shyt came to mind? :shock: :shock:

ANYONE WHO IS TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT KIDS AND GRAND KIDS SHOUL IMMEDIATELY PULL THEM OUT OF THE FEDERAL SCHOOL SYSTEM ANYWAY.....

ALL THEY ARE TEACHING IS SOCIAL DEVIANCE AND DIVERSITY AND LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.....

cross_7":d90jbl52 said:
To have no moral or standards

Irrational liberalism is not having the ability to make sound judgment decisions, but yet feel they have a clear understanding and interpretation of the situation that is clearly above their understanding and moral compass
No different than rapist or pedophile that justifies the act in their own mind and not having the moral fiber or conscious mind(awareness of something for what it is; internal knowledge: consciousness of wrongdoing)

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Cross... I admire your post! For this is what I believe in as well. Whether people want to admit it or not, we will all be judged for our actions one day! Most people today are so busy "Justifying" their actions that I honestly think that they believe and except the things that they do as "right" and "good".

There are two things in this world... Good (Godly) and Evil (sin). The only thing that separates us from God is sin. Now, I sin, you sin, we all sin!!! The difference is a Christian can recognize that sin and work like heck to rid it in their life (God's Grace). I work hard everyday to make the right decisions in my life that not only effect me, but those around me... it would be so easy to do what is wrong and what is considered "Acceptable" by todays standards. I will humbly state that As for me and my house, we will Serve the Lord!

Dega, by comparing my thoughts to a windmill chaser only proves that I am on the right track. I've been called worse for my beliefs, and yet I still stand by them. It also shows your own ignorance and close mindedness that you can't even discuss the matter without insults. Funny, some of the most close minded people I've ever met are the ones that claim to be open minded.

TennesseeTuxedo":d9po9lis said:
denvermartinfarms":d9po9lis said:
And theres a difference in people, I can't control who eats the meat from the calves I sell. But if some queer wanted a million dollars worth of dirt work done, I wouldn't work for one, I would go without before I would work for such a person. IMO a queer is worse than a murderer.

Well thanks. I live for god, and I put god and living the way he wants me to above family, money or anything else, I won't make a deal with the devil for any anything in this world, And I will lose everything I have and starve before going against god. I'm sorry you think that's dumb.

Hook":1835lhle said:
Dega, by comparing my thoughts to a windmill chaser only proves that I am on the right track. I've been called worse for my beliefs, and yet I still stand by them. It also shows your own ignorance and close mindedness that you can't even discuss the matter without insults. Funny, some of the most close minded people I've ever met are the ones that claim to be open minded.

Hook, the comparison to Don Quixote and tilting at windmills was not intended as an insult, rather an attempt to lightheartedly point out that after several attempts, you hadn't provided, in my estimation anyway, proof that Disney was complicit in Gay Days. At the same time, I didn't and don't recall you stating what you wanted to do about it either.

Because you were, possibly are insulted, let me say this: "I apologize for insulting you."

Hook":3t7fa04a said:

Amen.....

denvermartinfarms":1cgnoovw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1cgnoovw said:
denvermartinfarms":1cgnoovw said:

Well thanks. I live for god, and I put god and living the way he wants me to above family, money or anything else, I won't make a deal with the devil for any anything in this world, And I will lose everything I have and starve before going against god. I'm sorry you think that's dumb.

Had a pretty good discussion about this type of thing at church last spring. The thing that came out is that people categorize sin. In reading the scriptures I have never found where God categorizes sin. That being the case a liar, gossip, adulterer, or a thief is just as much a sinner in God's eye as a homosexual. So if you are unwilling to do business with a homosexual, you should also not do business with any liars, gossips, adulterers, or thieves. In fact if you are not doing business with anyone who sins you might as well close up shop because the fact is that we all sin. We are all human. I prefer to take the approach of hating the sin but loving the sinner. I will witness to them. I will try to show them how their behavior is a sin in God's eye. But I don't judge them. It is simply above my pay scale to judge people.

I try to take the approach of Phil Robertson
It isn't my place to judge
You love the person and hate the sin
All you can do is show them the path, whether they take it or not you have no control
I'm a sinner and no better than they
I don't however go around trying to promote my sin and expect it to become acceptable
Or to teach children that its not a sin and therefore normal behavior
Everyone will face judgement for their sins
The Lord will make that judgement, not man
All we can do is live a righteous life as best we can and protect our children and our beliefs

Dave":god25r13 said:
Had a pretty good discussion about this type of thing at church last spring. The thing that came out is that people categorize sin. In reading the scriptures I have never found where God categorizes sin. That being the case a liar, gossip, adulterer, or a thief is just as much a sinner in God's eye as a homosexual. So if you are unwilling to do business with a homosexual, you should also not do business with any liars, gossips, adulterers, or thieves. In fact if you are not doing business with anyone who sins you might as well close up shop because the fact is that we all sin. We are all human. I prefer to take the approach of hating the sin but loving the sinner. I will witness to them. I will try to show them how their behavior is a sin in God's eye. But I don't judge them. It is simply above my pay scale to judge people.
Here's the other side of that. No I would rather not work for liars, gossips, theives and adulterers, but I have no way of knowing if someone has done any of that, the gay thing gets advertised by gay people.

Here's the difference in the sin. Any of those other sins you mentioned are wrong, however if someone tells a lie and then repents and acknowledges that it was wrong and try's to be a better person after that, it's no big deal, there forgiven and it doesn't matter.

But if someone is gay that's a lifestyle and they do it everyday knowing it's going against how god tells us to live, you can't ask to be forgiven for something you do every day of your life and something that your happy with and don't want to change.

So can't you see how living life as a queer and telling a lie and then repenting is different?

TexasBred":3h5qaz6j said:
Dega Moo":3h5qaz6j said:
Hook,
I think you should abandon that avatar in light of this subject. I would suggest you replace the avatar with one of a wind mill in honor of Don Quixote with whom you share the honorable characteristic of perseverance.

For all who say they wouldn't sell to homosexuals or wouldn't work for homosexuals or wouldn't accept money from homosexuals: I pray you understand that such a position is a decision to greatly limit your career and financial achievement potential. I suspect CT is mostly visited by a geriatric bunch and limiting potential is not so much a problem for folks who frequent these boards but for grand kids and kids, it could be a concern.

TB: I was sober and remain so. I had a large corporate background and about 10 years ago something clearly had occurred and gotten the attention of those high up and there was a big push to get everyone in the company through what was called diversity training, diversity being race, gender, age and sexual orientation. At the end of the training everyone was asked/instructed to sign a form stating that they had taken the training and by signing they were promising they would not at work discriminate against anyone based on their race, gender, age or sexual orientation.

One fellow who worked for me refused to sign the form, his argument being he was religiously opposed to accepting in any manner the sexual orientation clause. He spoke with the trainer and the corporate attorney who had been there the entire time. He was allowed to return to work.

Now this guy was a below average performer anyway so I didn't really care but a year or so later I was instructed to begin managing his performance. It became pretty clear to me over the next couple of months that I was actually being asked to manage him right out of the company, for whatever reason. I always wonder if the real reason to get rid of him was this guys refusal to treat gays in the workplace in a manner acceptable to the company. He ended up getting a job that paid a lot less than what he made before.

That was anecdotal so doesn't really count. What does count is that nearly every corporation and business today bases pay and advancement opportunities on results and profits over both the short term and long term. Refusal to accept money from, to serve or sell to gays, to mistreat them in the workplace is widely frowned upon in the corporate world and would limit advancement opportunities in that corporate world. That's a large portion of the opportunities in this world.

Is it not clear that the refusal to work with gays would certainly limit one from getting a job at Disney? If you work for McDonald's selling hamburgers to the public are you allowed to decide who is gay and who is not and refuse them service? Do you think the major car manufactures would willingly accept a dealership that discriminates for any reason? They want to know the color of the money, not much else. The owner of that dealership won't accept someone working for them who won't sell a car to someone because that person is gay. They won't accept a mechanic who wants to know if the owner is gay. The guy that owns that dealership has a lot of money invested and at risk and his investors probably would be concerned if he allowed that to happen.

So yes, refusal to work with gays, refusal to sell to gays, refusal to work for gays will limit the opportunities for one to succeed financially and career wise and teaching your children and grandchildren to be so absolute in these beliefs will limit their opportunities. You may not want it to be that way and you may fervently believe you are right in your beliefs but I would hope you could realistically say 'I understand that' rather than call it 'shyt' and hope you don't have to deal with reality.

I was referring more to this:

I suspect CT is mostly visited by a geriatric bunch and limiting potential is not so much a problem for folks who frequent these boards

I have no problem with gays as long as they don't rub it in my nose, however, I will forever believe it is an acquired taste(pardon the play on words).

I think there is a huge difference in saying 'I disagree with the gay, homosexual lifestyle and find it repulsive and disgusting' and saying 'I refuse to work for someone who is gay, I refuse to sell to someone who is gay, I refuse to work with someone who is gay'. The second takes a belief and moves it to an action that will likely have consequences. I will defend the right to that belief, but I won't or can't suspend the reality that acting on that belief may or likely and rightfully, will have consequences of a uncomfortable nature.

Dega Moo":29rrlf3f said:
TexasBred":29rrlf3f said:
Dega Moo":29rrlf3f said:
Hook,

TB: I was sober and remain so. I had a large corporate background and about 10 years ago something clearly had occurred and gotten the attention of those high up and there was a big push to get everyone in the company through what was called diversity training, diversity being race, gender, age and sexual orientation. At the end of the training everyone was asked/instructed to sign a form stating that they had taken the training and by signing they were promising they would not at work discriminate against anyone based on their race, gender, age or sexual orientation.

One fellow who worked for me refused to sign the form, his argument being he was religiously opposed to accepting in any manner the sexual orientation clause. He spoke with the trainer and the corporate attorney who had been there the entire time. He was allowed to return to work.

Now this guy was a below average performer anyway so I didn't really care but a year or so later I was instructed to begin managing his performance. It became pretty clear to me over the next couple of months that I was actually being asked to manage him right out of the company, for whatever reason. I always wonder if the real reason to get rid of him was this guys refusal to treat gays in the workplace in a manner acceptable to the company. He ended up getting a job that paid a lot less than what he made before.

That was anecdotal so doesn't really count. What does count is that nearly every corporation and business today bases pay and advancement opportunities on results and profits over both the short term and long term. Refusal to accept money from, to serve or sell to gays, to mistreat them in the workplace is widely frowned upon in the corporate world and would limit advancement opportunities in that corporate world. That's a large portion of the opportunities in this world.

Is it not clear that the refusal to work with gays would certainly limit one from getting a job at Disney? If you work for McDonald's selling hamburgers to the public are you allowed to decide who is gay and who is not and refuse them service? Do you think the major car manufactures would willingly accept a dealership that discriminates for any reason? They want to know the color of the money, not much else. The owner of that dealership won't accept someone working for them who won't sell a car to someone because that person is gay. They won't accept a mechanic who wants to know if the owner is gay. The guy that owns that dealership has a lot of money invested and at risk and his investors probably would be concerned if he allowed that to happen.

So yes, refusal to work with gays, refusal to sell to gays, refusal to work for gays will limit the opportunities for one to succeed financially and career wise and teaching your children and grandchildren to be so absolute in these beliefs will limit their opportunities. You may not want it to be that way and you may fervently believe you are right in your beliefs but I would hope you could realistically say 'I understand that' rather than call it 'shyt' and hope you don't have to deal with reality.
Dega Moo... I was wondering when someone was going to bring this side of the subject up. I as well used to work in the "Corporate" world and was subject to all of this "sensitivity" training... I do find it funny though that just like the argument that has been presented here a lot on this post, don't you think that it is odd that I must listen and be tolerant to a lifestyle that I detest but I am not allowed to even bring up my beliefs? I believe you called it "Diversity" training. And it is pretty clear what happened to the gentleman who stood up for HIS beliefs... how is this Diversity? You made reference to the point that this individual was a "Below Average Performer"... makes one wonder if he would have been treated the same had he been "Gay" (at least he could have pulled the gay harassment card and probably been treated differently). Just look around you in the corporate world... looked what happened to Chic-fil-a when the owner publicly announced his beliefs... and remember that this is HIS company!! I guarantee you it would have been a whole lot different had he came out and said he was gay! But no, he stated that he is a Christian with certain beliefs and got treated as if his personal beliefs were wrong!

Yeah, that's some true Diversity right there!!! :bang:

That is the whole point to this post... make this an equal sided debate! If the gays want to flaunt that they are gay and be treated the same... fine. But I am saying that I am a Christian and I want to be treated the same... In School, at work, everywhere! Can it be done?

I accept your apology and also apologize myself for thinking you were being ignorant.
As for finding an video of the interview, I'm afraid it's harder than I thought being limited on a phone. I did present evidence of disneys support, but also realize they can't exactly turn them away. So instead they welcome them with open arms, to the dismay of the visitors who don't want to have to explain to their young children why 2 men are kissing, or why that man looks like a girl, or what the back of that red shirt means.

Latest posts