Snake identification

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme":2jcg0eav said:
SJB":2jcg0eav said:
Margonme":2jcg0eav said:
Technically, no such critter as a chicken snake. However, it is a commonly used name that amateurs use to refer to various Ratsnakes and other similar species.

If you don't accept that, Google Chicken snake. Look under Wikipedia. It will explain that it is a colloquial term for referring to about 4 different species of serpent.

Being condescending is the most common way smart&*^% identify themselves. If you don't believe me, read about 75% of your posts, under either of your 10 various user names.

A Professional Herpetologist in addition to everything else you are an expert on? Who needs Wikipedia, we have you!

SJB. I have thought about your post quoted above. I do not take it personal. WORDS ON A SCREEN! Seems you take my participation here more serious than I take mine!

I will throw down a challenge. Show me one post I put on this forum that is as rude as your post above!

As Margon? Probably isn't one.

TennesseeTuxedo":2xntnhke said:
Margonme":2xntnhke said:
SJB":2xntnhke said:
Being condescending is the most common way smart&*^% identify themselves. If you don't believe me, read about 75% of your posts, under either of your 10 various user names.

A Professional Herpetologist in addition to everything else you are an expert on? Who needs Wikipedia, we have you!

SJB. I have thought about your post quoted above. I do not take it personal. WORDS ON A SCREEN! Seems you take my participation here more serious than I take mine!

I will throw down a challenge. Show me one post I put on this forum that is as rude as your post above!

As Margon? Probably isn't one.

There was only one who came before me, not 10. I come here in the shadow of a LEGEND, dare I speak his name. Nay, I will only udder his title, PRINCE.

8)

Margonme":3ton0gh5 said:
There was only one who came before me, not 10. I come here in the shadow of a LEGEND, dare I speak his name. Nay, I will only udder his title, PRINCE.

8)

QUICK!! SOMEONE GRAB THE HIPWADERS, SHYTES GETTIN' DEEP IN HERE!!!!

Bestoutwest":2m0t65ut said:
Margonme":2m0t65ut said:

8)

QUICK!! SOMEONE GRAB THE HIPWADERS, SHYTES GETTIN' DEEP IN HERE!!!!

8)

cowgirl8":3gwqhfu0 said:
Margonme":3gwqhfu0 said:
cowgirl8":3gwqhfu0 said:
Oh, in that case, and i'm sure it happens a lot to you....Be sure you bend down and look really close at the arrangements of the scales on its head to 'make' sure it is or isnt poisonous....You may need to hold it just right in the light to see this arrangement...lol.... :roll:

Now you are exaggerating. Identification is difficult if you are not trained. The best advice is to avoid picking up or exposing any part of your body to a snake if you do not know what species it is.
Exactly..... but obviously dum is having a hard time with all these snakes that come after him...lol.... :lol2:
If they are headed in my direction I care what they are if they aren;t I couldn't care less. 99% will try to get away, those are just fine. The 1% that don;t, THOSE are the issue. Usually it's a short lived issue (no pun intended)

Latest posts