Snake shot for self defense

Help Support CattleToday:

Never shot any bird shot larger than a 22.
With it, i would hate to trust my life to it, but i guess a slingshot and a pebble in the right hands is deadly.

Short distace, it would be hard to get the same overall tissue shock that a shotgun will provide. They're not lung friendly. With proper placement, they may not have the scary speed and awesome energy values, but they leave a hard to do anything with mess.

I've shot a wild pig and coyote under 5 feet while turkey hunting. A .50 200 grain sabot couldn't punch a whole the size 4 shot did in the chest wall of that sow. Exhilerating experience all should try once.

Thats what i use for home defense.

Good friend of mine had a shotgun by the door for his wife. Told her is someone was breaking in blow them and the door out in the yard.

littletom":2x0v9toz said:
Good friend of mine had a shotgun by the door for his wife. Told her is someone was breaking in blow them and the door out in the yard.

My home defense gun for my wife is a police special loaded with 7 rounds of 00 Buck. I never come home after dark without calling first :lol:

JMJ Farms":2wbwuhk8 said:
littletom":2wbwuhk8 said:

My home defense gun for my wife is a police special loaded with 7 rounds of 00 Buck. I never come home after dark without calling first :lol:

My advise to you JMJ is to use #6 turkey shot. 00 Buck will shoot plum through a wall or two.

True Grit Farms":307gljgj said:
JMJ Farms":307gljgj said:
littletom":307gljgj said:

My advise to you JMJ is to use #6 turkey shot. 00 Buck will shoot plum through a wall or two.

Probably a good idea. I pray no one ever has to use it.

Latest posts