Simbrah on Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

clem

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experience using Simbrah bulls on Hereford cows? I was thinking the Simmi would add muscling and length of frame, and the Brahma would add heat resistance, among other qualities from both breeds. I live in the deep south and thought this might be a good fit for this environment. All replies are appreciated. Clem :idea:

clem":1kvawecj said:
Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experience using Simbrah bulls on Hereford cows? I was thinking the Simmi would add muscling and length of frame, and the Brahma would add heat resistance, among other qualities from both breeds. I live in the deep south and thought this might be a good fit for this environment. All replies are appreciated. Clem :idea:

Good cross, in my opinion, on mature cows. Will make dandy replacements, too. Put a good Angus bull on that crossbred female and watch the $$$ roll in. :D

clem":3p0duovw said:

I think that cross would work for you although you must chose for ease of calving. The 3/8ths Brahama would be the best chose not just a half blood (F1). The Brangus would work for you also and would make the herd look alike.
Good luck

i have used simm bulls as a third cross on braford f1s cows big a$$ growthy calve's great cross as far as im concerned and the f1 moma keeps plenty of milk for um ;-)

Latest posts