show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth":330jico9 said:
I guess you killed him down in the flooded cow pasture.

no in 2010 every thing was bone dry and the pond in front of my house was down to a 15 acre hole. I have been seeing some 3 to 4' ones in the pasture tho.

Deepsouth":2ny97eqq said:
Caustic Burno":2ny97eqq said:
Deepsouth":2ny97eqq said:
Killed with an arrow! I guess skyhightree killed him.

Aint no way that Va boy see that gator he would have been runnin at break neck speed
back to Va. lookin for bears.

Naw, he's scared of bears!

m5 thats awesome.

DS I will shoot at a gator from 30 yds away those things are mean :lol2: I will take a bear anyday over one of those ugly mean things :D

Deepsouth":2hibd5dv said:
skyhightree1":2hibd5dv said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg
That is THE coolest turkey mount ever! :clap:

skeeter swatter":1dzyowlw said:
Deepsouth":1dzyowlw said:
skyhightree1":1dzyowlw said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg
That is THE coolest turkey mount ever! :clap:

Thanks skeeter swatter. My wife thinks turkey heads are ugly so I figured out how to display one without the head. :cowboy:

Deepsouth":3e399cl2 said:
Alright sky its time to bring out the big boys.

Bow kill.
12 point, 20 inches inside.
Medicine Lodge river, Kansas

IMAG1903.jpg

DS Awesome deer. My hands been layed out I see you keep em coming I love it. I guess you spend a lot of time in the woods too lol Nice buck I hope this year you get his great grand pappy :tiphat: I tell you what since I have no fish and can only seem to catch bream don't laugh when I post a pic of one I get mounted :lol2:

Deepsouth":77nl0ymd said:
Todd, they are great. Whitetail deer of that size are difficult to come by. As you notice I don't have a whitetail. I killed a nice 8 pointer. I gave the rack to my brother who was going to mount it at some point. That was in the 1970s. I have no idea what happened as that was about the time I went west.

In terms of ranking, that Blue Wildebeest that I have on the wall is my highest ranking trophy. It was a qualifier for Rowland and Ward but I did not do an entry and never became a member.

When I consider my trophies at this point in my life, I find they do not come close to representing the experience that one has in the hunt, the people, the land, and the drama associated with the total hunt. That trophy is in our head but even that trophy is ephemeral.

I just posted a rack picture on ranchers but my computer keeps crashing before I can get it here....it's from Big Bend area of Mexico.

All the mammals are bow kills. I have no gun kills mounted.

My best 8 pt. He scored 154" P&Y

This big nine pt was a huge bodied deer weighing 243lbs field dressed. He scored just over 140"

This 10 pt was just shy of P&Y. I should have passed on him as he was only a 2.5 yr old but the low light conditions fooled me even at 20 yards. Still a nice deer.

Old, heavy West Virginia buck. It was a pain to get this old boy off of that mountain :shock:

42" Northern Pike that I caught in NW Ontario on a light rig with 8lb test line.

East Tennessee bow killed hog. Steep country.....lots of work to get a shot.

Bow kill P&Y black bear that I killed in the 1990's up near Atikokan, Ontario.

Bow kill Mouflon from a ranch in south Texas. Hardest part about this one was the other 15 sets of eyes that I had to avoid on the stalk.

This one is still at the Taxidermist. He scored 144" P&Y. I can't wait to get back at them again this year.

skyhightree1":n4gj93b4 said:
Hoss very nice. I don't bow hunt as much as I use too and never killed any mountable ones with the bow.

I bow hunted 6 or 7 years without killing a big deer. I finally came to the realization that the only chance I had at killing a bruiser was to hunt were there are bruisers. Sounds simple but it is very true. Once I concentrated on hunting areas that held big bucks (mostly the Midwest states) I started killing big ones. No matter how much skill I had, how scent free I was or how sound my my hunting strategy was if there were no big bucks in the area I had 0% chance of killing one. It has worked out well for me.

Latest posts