show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

That's a good bass for up your way it'n it.

This is from Monday morning.

IMAG1962.jpg

No, I didn't catch them. Daughters boyfriend come over and caught them out of my neighbours pond. I don't fish much anymore. And I've only caught one good bass in my life and he wasn't really a big one.

Nice fish look better with some corn meal on them :lol2: yea its a good one from up here. LOL I don't fish much anymore either have a overloaded pond at my house and still can't catch a freaking fish. I wish my wife fished more I need some more crappie to eat lol

skyhightree1":1ykfkip2 said:
Nice fish look better with some corn meal on them :lol2: yea its a good one from up here. LOL I don't fish much anymore either have a overloaded pond at my house and still can't catch a freaking fish. I wish my wife fished more I need some more crappie to eat lol

You got crappie inyou pond?

Was she good eating Sky? Deepsouth off and on for the last 8 years. At one time non-residents couldn't apply as a group to hunt together. It's not as much fun without your buddies. We flew the cub the last 2 years, hope we didn't fly to close by you. I have seen bow hunters eye to eye before.
I like to fly low and slow. We hunt in the NW corner. We try and get the either buck tag. There's some big mulies in our hunting area.

Deepsouth":22j04xhg said:
skyhightree1":22j04xhg said:

You got crappie inyou pond?

Yes sir there is crappie bass catfish bream carp in there

Hg yes very good eating.. :nod: :nod: :nod:

TexasBred":1f3t4ph8 said:
I don't have a single mount of any kind. Always said that if I caught a bass 10 lbs. or over I'd mount it. I caught it one day but it broke off. Walls are still empty.

TB your not alone. My walls are bare. I thought I would mount a bull elk when I got one in Colorado. Got a cow the first year I went. It was about 8:30 a.m. and I was by myself. By the time I got her quartered and packed out at 3:30 p.m., I drove straight home and threw my bull tag in the trash. Swore I would never go back without someone to share the misery. :D Had to move before season came around again. Made it back as an out of stater once so far and something spooked the herd before the bull came into range. But it was a magical moment just watching them as I hung off a mountain.

I've been right on some really good deer but never taken one. I could write a book on the number of ways to screw it up and devote a chapter each to rifle, black powder, and archery.

I would make a better guide. :D

My favorite things to do these days is go to Kansas for the walk in hunting. Don't know if there is anything that I enjoy more and makes me feel free. I just pack a few necessities, my pup and my shotgun. I don't plan anything. Just drive till it feels right and then find the closest walk in place. Some of those blocks of rolling grass hills you can just walk and see for miles. Some spots are a hit and some are a miss. But with no expectations its a blast.

Deepsouth":2zcsvoyj said:
skyhightree1":2zcsvoyj said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg

I hope you don't mind if I make one like it. That is really cool.

skyhightree1":3a4kohyo said:

Talk about an overloaded pond. Took my girls to one this past weekend after a rain. I think it has been stocked for about 5 years. One of the girls is 4, so I was having them use minnows. The slim bobbers would hit the water and sometimes never come up because the catfish were hitting them so fast. Switched to artificial to see if we could catch any bass. Probably caught 1:1 bass vs catfish. Never caught a channel cat on a buzz bait before. I've caught 4 now.

Commercialfarmer":2ntt75ng said:
Deepsouth":2ntt75ng said:
skyhightree1":2ntt75ng said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg

I hope you don't mind if I make one like it. That is really cool.

You can have your taxidermy put a head on it if you want. The reason I got this is partly because my wife thinks turkey heads are ugly :???: so she didn't want a mounted one in the house. One word of warning, it's big. This one is 4ft x 4ft outside dimensions. The actually inside dimensions, where it's barn wood, is 38"x38".

Commercialfarmer":2inpbjdx said:
skyhightree1":2inpbjdx said:

Talk about an overloaded pond. Took my girls to one this past weekend after a rain. I think it has been stocked for about 5 years. One of the girls is 4, so I was having them use minnows. The slim bobbers would hit the water and sometimes never come up because the catfish were hitting them so fast. Switched to artificial to see if we could catch any bass. Probably caught 1:1 bass vs catfish. Never caught a channel cat on a buzz bait before. I've caught 4 now.

Thats wild... Yea ponds really overload if you used a cast net you would get about 400 bream lol The pond was built many years ago and was overloaded with fingerlings from the get go and for 9 years no one was allowed to fish in it and we bought the place soon as you put a hook in it you would catch something EVEN ME and we expanded the pond to try to give more space.

skyhightree1":14xq2pzr said:
deep this is the fish I was speaking of I took a pic of the pic

Don''t know how I missed this pic. Sky you look like you missed a few meals back in those day. Maybe too many "ladies". ;-) :lol2:

LMAO When chasing women you forget small details such as eating. ;-) Chase ended about 12 years ago now im about 150lbs heavier lol

skyhightree1":1svvk5l5 said:
LMAO When chasing women you forget small details such as eating. ;-) Chase ended about 12 years ago now im about 150lbs heavier lol

I saw you on MTV- KID and PLAY

Deepsouth told me quit holding back and keep his thread going so I will put something he can appreciate in his and put a couple more in my thread Here ya go bud

ResizedImage_1409793652347_zpsae69f9d8.jpg

Latest posts