What kind of loads/shells do you use in your sawed off shotgun?

Help Support CattleToday:

Our house is a split level, so I can look down to see what is going on outside. One Sunday morning about 2 AM I was awakened by someone banging/rattling the door downstairs. After realizing it wasn't anyone I knew I was thinking what am I going to do if/when he gets in.

At that moment of adrenaline pumping I realized it was me and a baseball bat! I am quite confident in handling myself being 6'-4" and living in the Far East and had plenty of hand to hand combat training, but still...... it all comes down to doing something that is decisive.

He finally turned around and went away, and I bought a 410 pump! That's why I would rack a shell as a warning to a fool like him.

Good second post in 15 years.
Thanks! Has it been 15 years? I was involved with marketing a company (TOMCAR) that makes an ultra-high quality off-road vehicle.
Since recently getting email notifications, I now use this to read and learn, much as I would an online foreign language course. It's fascinating.

Thanks! Has it been 15 years? I was involved with marketing a company (TOMCAR) that makes an ultra-high quality off-road vehicle. https://tomcar.com/
Since recently getting email notifications, I now use this to read and learn, much as I would an online foreign language course. It's fascinating.
Most farm cattle related searches this site will show up with a lot of info. I know what you mean as time flies.

I load some #2 steel duck type loads. Won't go through walls as bad but is pretty devastating.
Also load up quite a few of these 7/8oz slugs.

These light slugs loaded like target loads are easy on the shoulder and still devastating down range.

I load some #2 steel duck type loads. Won't go through walls as bad but is pretty devastating.
Also load up quite a few of these 7/8oz slugs.

These light slugs loaded like target loads are easy on the shoulder and still devastating down range.

I load 28 gauge with 50 caliber round ball per BPI recipe.
That dude is whistling along at 2100 FPS.

My house the bed rooms are all up stairs. That is where the shotgun is. Down stairs there are loaded rifles in the closets (22-250, 30-30, 22). Much more likely to need one of them. In fact I have used all of them to deal with varmints at one point or another. There are also several 22 pistols down stairs all loaded with snake shot. I can guarantee they will get used a some point or three during the summer.
Your positioning of weapons is similar to mine. I do not want mine locked in a safe if I should need them. I want something I can get to fast no matter where I am in the house.

Your positioning of weapons is similar to mine. I do not want mine locked in a safe if I should need them. I want something I can get to fast no matter where I am in the house.
There are some locked in the safe. I don't have much need for the 300 Mag except during elk season. We simply don't have the problem with people that those in the southeast seem to have. My guns are for dealing with mountain lions, coyotes, and rattlesnakes.

Latest posts