show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":17s4bhs7 said:
Sky your top mount is nice I don't know if he would be legal here.
Antlers are not out past the ears (appear that way in the pic anyway) which is a crock of shyt they came up with.
I have one walking in my bottom last season had the heaviest rack I have ever seen and he isn't legal.

CB, it sounds like you need to either change the law......or start trimming deer ears! :mrgreen:

Gators Rule":ssnhl5bd said:
Caustic Burno":ssnhl5bd said:
Antlers are not out past the ears (appear that way in the pic anyway) which is a crock of shyt they came up with.
I have one walking in my bottom last season had the heaviest rack I have ever seen and he isn't legal.

CB, it sounds like you need to either change the law......or start trimming deer ears! :mrgreen:

New Governor may put a kink in the good ole boy Game Commissioner system if he does what he says.
State Rep got the rule removed on youth weekends. This is all being driven by big money selling horns
and is as crooked as a dogs hind leg.

Caustic Burno":3npnel7i said:
Gators Rule":3npnel7i said:
Caustic Burno":3npnel7i said:

New Governor may put a kink in the good ole boy Game Commissioner system if he does what he says.
State Rep got the rule removed on youth weekends. This is all being driven by big money selling horns

It all relates back to the state claiming to own the deer. If there on your land and your having to feed them, you should be able to harvest what you want. I can see bag limits and seasons, but antler restrictions aren't fair.

NolanCountyAG":183g9jvd said:

This deer is a perfect example of what should be shootable but would be illegal under antler restrictions. Aged his jaws at 7 1/2.

Exactly that's a big deer. But would be illegal here. By the time tpwd gets done they will all grow straight up due to the narrow racked deer not being shot.

I'm in Nolan and Taylor counties, and neither currently are in AR's. There is talk about them coming in the next couple of years. I've got everything on MLD and wouldn't have to comply with the restrictions. So far I like the MLD program other than having to shoot so many dang deer, it's almost been a burden filling all of the tags I've been getting.

highgrit":1dzj73tx said:
Caustic Burno":1dzj73tx said:

Highgrit, I just noticed where you're from. My hunting lease is just south of you, in Alma (Bacon County).
It all relates back to the state claiming to own the deer. If there on your land and your having to feed them, you should be able to harvest what you want. I can see bag limits and seasons, but antler restrictions aren't fair.

Highgrit, I just noticed where you're from. My hunting lease is just south of you, in Alma (Bacon County)

NolanCountyAG":105ep2vy said:
I've got everything on MLD and wouldn't have to comply with the restrictions. So far I like the MLD program other than having to shoot so many dang deer, it's almost been a burden filling all of the tags I've been getting.

I would be happy to come and help you out. :D

Latest posts