show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
Skyhigh and I have been wanting a show your mount thread so here it is. Anything goes deer, fish, birds, boats, white coons, skull mounts, hides, whatever you got. Let's see them.

I'll start with this.
IMAG1898.jpg

Sky your top mount is nice I don't know if he would be legal here.
Antlers are not out past the ears (appear that way in the pic anyway) which is a crock of shyt they came up with.
I have one walking in my bottom last season had the heaviest rack I have ever seen and he isn't legal.
All your mounts are really nice.

Now yall are pulling out the mule deer I will have to go to man cave for that rack.

CB I like to freshwater fish but normally with a bow but that sure is a nice one and I would be proud to have it on my wall.
skull mount is nice wish you found it after you shot it.

Deep those are some nice mounts ya got there. I really like the duck the wood on the muledeer skull mt is really nice. Is that old barn wood or some kind of fake wood stuff ? Either way I like it.

Caustic Burno":9r4xodf8 said:
Antlers are not out past the ears (appear that way in the pic anyway) which is a crock of shyt they came up with.
I have one walking in my bottom last season had the heaviest rack I have ever seen and he isn't legal.

Now yall are pulling out the mule deer I will have to go to man cave for that rack.

CB top one is 16" wide I got it mounted cause he had a nice symetrical rack and I am giving it to my mom to put in her house she likes mounts. All of my bobcats and foxes she has in her house. I dont have any in mine. The dept of game which is what we call it here can mess up a wet dream with their bs rules. Thanks CB Yall boys will be putting me to shame cause I cant compete with mule deer as I have never saw one before they are not here we just have elk here somewhere on Kenny Thomas' side of the state.

Caustic Burno":mfr1ddfr said:

CB, it's a state requirement that the antlers be outside the ears or is that a club or property owner requirement? Go to the man cave and pull out the muledeer, I love them.

Sky, that's real barn wood.

skyhightree1":1kato606 said:
Caustic Burno":1kato606 said:

CB top one is 16" wide I got it mounted cause he had a nice symetrical rack and I am giving it to my mom to put in her house she likes mounts. All of my bobcats and foxes she has in her house. I dont have any in mine. The dept of game which is what we call it here can mess up a wet dream with their bs rules. Thanks CB Yall boys will be putting me to shame cause I cant compete with mule deer as I have never saw one before they are not here we just have elk here somewhere on Kenny Thomas' side of the state.
Deepsouth that is a state regulation. Can't shoot one no matter how heavy the rack if they are not.
He is legal then the rule that the TPWD has come with is they have to be outside the ears here.
Typically on a Texas deer that is 13 inches. Our deer are not as big as yours. They want us to shoot the does
claiming they are 70% of the genetics. When I ask the biologist how is the good doe marked from the bad one,
he got that cow staring at a new gate look. I said if I have ten does on my place and three have good genetics
and the other seven bad how do I know I am not shooting the good ones. He couldn't answer the question.
This is the one found after the yotes had got to him. I scouted that deer and wanted him for the wall
he was very symmetrical as well with tall tines. He is 16 inches as well.

Ours will go about 16 inches past the ears on a mature buck. The state has had open season on does here for about 12 years now. It's getting where its hard to even see a deer anymore. I didn't even go deer hunting this past year.

Here's something y'all might like. It was a fence post that the bucks were hooking.

IMAG1914.jpg

I got it off the Medicine Lodge river in Kansas.

skyhightree1":2n130f5e said:
Nice one cb I cant believe yall have a regulation like that.

I would have shot this boy as well with something besides a Kodak never seen him in season.

Can hardly wait for September to hit the lease and start checking the boys out.
I have as much fun hunting them with a Kodak and trying to pattern their movements.

Deepsouth the state used to have it where you could kill 4 deer in my county.
No more than two bucks, we had herds of deer and it was unsafe to drive some highways after dark.
My county had the 4th most dense deer population in the state in the 70's.
We hardly have any now, I hunted my place all year long and seen one legal buck.
I keep protein feeders goin year around our genetics are so screwed up now I doubt they will
recover in my lifetime.

Deep I like that post set up you got there. That is really nice.
CB i tell you there is some nice bucks there on your place you gotta start chaining them up to a tree :lol:

We have horn restrictions also but not outside the ears. It can be a combination of width, main beam length and number of points. As you know a mature buck may not have beams outside his horns and an immature one might. We can kill up to 8 deer 5 does and 3 bucks. That's a good one in that picture I hope you get him.

Latest posts