Didn't get him mounted due to the cost, but this is my shot gun buck
2060_56672076423_1182_n_zps55e413f0.jpg
[/url][/img]
My husbands 8lb Catfish and 5lb BlueCat
8lbcatfish_zps21e6722e.jpg
[/url][/img]
bluecat5lbs_zpsc999d571.jpg
[/url][/img]

The otters here would take care of those catfish in short order.
I had automatic feeders on two stocked ponds had 10 to 12lb cats were the norm.
Otters found it and it was like a Luby's buffet you would have trouble catching a bluegill
now. With two creeks running through my place it is like pulling off the interstate at
Mc Donalds. I gave up they win.

Blue cat came out of a river about 3 miles from the house and the catfish came out of my grandfathers pasture pond that was stocked about 30 years ago.

highgrit":2pzyeypt said:

My last piebald doe. A nice buck was chasing her.
You have an amazing significant other or are a bachelor. That is quite the mount.

Never thought I would say this about one of them, but it's a pretty rascal. Deepsouth, most of my fish mounts are in FL.
Kucala5, we've been married for almost 30 years now, and I plan on keeping her till death takes us apart. She doesn't hunt and is a animal lover, but a snake, coyote or mexican buzzard better look out.
The best part is she loves to cook fish, shrimp and venison.

Deepsouth":1ordd2zn said:
Ok I'll throw another in. Since highgrit brought in the piebald take a look at this.

Lower Pearl River Mississippi, bow kill.

IMAG1908.jpg

Seen three baby ones that Dad fished out of a hollow tree the dog treed on one night.
That was fifty years ago.
Never seen a grown one, Dad was a serious coon hunter and I seen a ton of coons live and dead
following him in the woods never seen another albino again.
Had an albino fox squirrel that lived at my sons house in town.
Talked with the biologist about it said it happens more than we think.
Said they just don't survive to adulthood in the woods.
I don't know if that is true or not made sense to me anyway.

This is the only albino of any kind I've ever seen in the wild. I was bow hunting for deer one afternoon in a river bottom. I was hunting about 100 yards of a oxbow that was low and coons were getting mussels out of it. I was hunting an oak that was dropping acorns a little earlier than the rest so deer were coming to it. About 30 minutes before dark I noticed something white in a tree between me and the oxbow. I thought it was a possum. Then I saw it had a furry tail. The first thing I thought was house cat but I was miles from any house's. It looked my way and I saw it's ears good and realized it was a coon. About this time I heard deer coming. The Cooney started down the tree. About the same time it got on the ground 5 or 6 deer come under the acorn tree I was hunting which was kind of between me and the Coon. I figured the Coon would head off to the oxbow. I was thinking that I would come back the next evening with and .22 and see if I could get him but was surprised when the coon headed toward the acorn tree instead of the lake. Now I'm coon hunting instead of deer hunting. The deer were also watching the coon. When he got to 27 yards one doe started stomping at him and he stopped. I figured that was as close as he was going to get and the deer were focused on him so I drew and took a shot. At 27 yards that coon looked small but I shot true. Probably the best shot I ever made bow hunting. I actually shot over some of the deer to hit the coon. He's a trophy I'm proud of.

That coon is an amazing mount the life expectancy for a coon is about 3 years.
Amazing he made it to adulthood. Even more amazing what are the odds you would have picked the spot.
That is really cool Deepsouth.
That albino fox squirrel is the only thing I seen running wild and he lives in a subdivision.
Thing that blew my mind was the biologist said it is not uncommon for a Fox Squirrel to live 10 or 12 years.
I would have figured it was the other way around.

DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

Latest posts