show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2kajiy1f said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg

Deepsouth":poo8i1ns said:
skyhightree1":poo8i1ns said:
DS very nice you were holding out on us. I will go to my moms and take pics of my cats soon. HG very nice I like that would look great in my office.

You better run down to moms sky because I'm not through yet.

Believe it or not sky I don't have a turkey mounted. But I do have a turkey cape in a shadow box.

Black creek, southeast Mississippi.

IMAG1922.jpg

DS no turkey mounted :???: :???: :???: I just picked my jaw back up off the floor. Any particular reason ? That does look good buddy. :tiphat: I had a turkey mounted but my wife's freakin dog decided to use it as a chew toy the first year we lived together. I have more cat mounts at my moms house when I go down there I will take some pics.

Highgrit, I think the flying mount is way under used for turkey. It's the best way to show the color in the feathers.

Sky there's 3 reasons that I don't have one mounted.

1. Until just a few years ago I never thought the heads looked real.
2. By the time the heads started looking right to me it cost to much to have one mounted.
3. Now for the main reason. My wife said no. She thinks they look like a buzzard. :???:

Deepsouth":3pxxarbc said:
Highgrit, I think the flying mount is way under used for turkey. It's the best way to show the color in the feathers.

2. By the time the heads started looking right to me it cost to much to have one mounted.
3. Now for the main reason. My wife said no. She thinks they look like a buzzard. :???:

I had one mounted in 2004 and it was like 600 bucks then so I know its got a nice price to it now lol. My wife doesn't mind the turkey but when I killed a huge skunk she had an issue with that being mounted. She also had a problem with me mounting a huge groundhog the way I wanted it mounted so instead I just ate it.

skyhightree1":37wgt8dc said:
Deepsouth":37wgt8dc said:

I had one mounted in 2004 and it was like 600 bucks then so I know its got a nice price to it now lol. My wife doesn't mind the turkey but when I killed a huge skunk she had an issue with that being mounted. She also had a problem with me mounting a huge groundhog the way I wanted it mounted so instead I just ate it.

:lol: we don't have ground hogs. I didn't know y'all eat them. I think a ground hog and a skunk would be interesting mounts. I had an otter mounted on a log with a small bass in it's mouth and on the other end was a bobcat like he's was trying to take the fish.

lol yea we got tons of them I tried to get one the other day groundhog is good especially cooked like a roast with sweet taters. That sounds like an awesome mount to have. I still may do a groundhog mount but sinking 300 in a skunk seems backwards to me now that I truly think about it... but guess what if I kill another I will mount it and put it in my office.

Deepsouth, thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I have enjoyed looking at the magnificent trophies folks have. I am particularly impressed with the artistic style they are displayed in. I only wish I had more time and motivation to do a better job putting mine on the wall. They deserve better than I have done with them. Sky, I have always thought the Indian art work is very appealing. Good job. Deepsouth and highgrit, you have done well.
First, Pronghorn from Wyoming and Sheep from Montana
25saesg.jpg

Second, Cape Buffalo from Chewore, Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe
znvv6.jpg

Third,Eland, Humani, Lowveld of Zimbabwe
29mk6bq.jpg

Kudu from Humani. Elk form Montana north of Yellowstione
2emmypz.jpg

nwldsp.jpg

Mule Deer from Salt River Range, Wyoming. Curved horns is a Sable Antelope. Hwange Area Near Victoria Falls
ruuxyw.jpg

Very impressive Ron! You have been very fortunate to be able to hunt in all those places. Thanks for sharing.

In the picture with the wildebeest, warthog and mountain goat what is the fourth head?
I was expecting some bears and moose. Haven't you hunted Alaska?

Deepsouth":n5faz0c7 said:
Very impressive Ron! You have been very fortunate to be able to hunt in all those places. Thanks for sharing.

In the picture with the wildebeest, warthog and mountain goat what is the fourth head?
I was expecting some bears and moose. Haven't you hunted Alaska?
Bushbuck, one of the spiral horned antelope including eland, bongo, kudu, inyala, sitatunga, etc.
Have not hunted Alaska. Would love to hunt Dall Sheep. Shot a Shiras moose in Wyoming on the backside of the Tetons.

inyati13 said:
Deepsouth, thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I have enjoyed looking at the magnificent trophies folks have. I am particularly impressed with the artistic style they are displayed in. I only wish I had more time and motivation to do a better job putting mine on the wall. They deserve better than I have done with them. Sky, I have always thought the Indian art work is very appealing. Good job. quote]

Ron I am speechless such nice pieces and I could only imagine hunting some of those animals in my dreams you are a lucky man and those are awesome mounts. Thanks for the compliment.

I only have a few deer heads. Nothing big or fancy. This is one of my favorites. Every time I put it on the coffee table I find it back in my shed the next day.

This gator was killed with an arrow. This isn't mine but I thought it was very neat. That's a mural of the mill pond where the gator was killed.

Latest posts