show your mounts

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":245jc4jk said:
Deepsouth the top mount is gorgeous.
]

Caustic that buck was killed with a muzzle loader. I'm going to brag a little now, it was a 160 yard shot hunting from the ground in the woods. That is a inline muzzle loader and it had a scope.

Those 3 bucks represent muzzle loader, rifle and bow kills.

Deepsouth":3fzucf4f said:
We have horn restrictions also but not outside the ears. It can be a combination of width, main beam length and number of points. As you know a mature buck may not have beams outside his horns and an immature one might. We can kill up to 8 deer 5 does and 3 bucks. That's a good one in that picture I hope you get him.

I have argued till I am blue in the face with the state biologist over the very point you made.
There was an 8 point in my bottom seen him a half dozen times last season that would
look good on anybodies wall. He may be 12 inches wide but nearly two foot tall and heavy heavy beams.
I aged him at 5 to 6 years old he won't be that good but for maybe one or two more seasons.
He is illegal that makes no sense.

skyhightree1":1zu1lh3p said:
all of my deer mounts but 1 are muzzleloader kills.

I didn't realize that. I remember you mentioning muzzle loader hunting but I also know your a big dog hunter. So I just assumed you were killing most of your deer with a rifle or shotgun. Do you use inline and scope or do you go more primitive? Caustic has a muzzle loading shotgun he's killed some turkeys with, maybe he'll post some pictures of it.

Deepsouth":3ffl79wk said:
skyhightree1":3ffl79wk said:

I didn't realize that. I remember you mentioning muzzle loader hunting but I also know your a big dog hunter. So I just assumed you were killing most of your deer with a rifle or shotgun. Do you use inline and scope or do you go more primitive? Caustic has a muzzle loading shotgun he's killed some turkeys with, maybe he'll post some pictures of it.

Yes sir I am big into muzzleloader hunting and will do that over dogs any day. I haven't had a chance to shoot at anything mountable using dogs most of the time im the dog driver and the deer are either right in front and dogs are too close to shoot or I never see what they are running till its been killed. I use inlines that are scoped I used to hunt with a patch and ball and side lock but gave that up after some issues with the rain.

HG thats some nice bucks... I do not shoot any piebald deer or albino's though its against my beliefs and has been known to give bad luck if anyone i hunt with shoots one thats the last day they will hunt my land if we are on my land and the last day I hunt with them.

Might be something to that luck, some days anyway. I believe that you make your own luck. When it's light out I will get a few more pictures.

Deepsouth":14vgghma said:
skyhightree1":14vgghma said:

I have two 12 gauge muzzleloaders and they both have several deer under there belt.

Here is a 1956 mount that Dad killed he was a heck of a deer here then.
Season had been closed for restocking for a few years.

My sorry Mule deer rack as you can tell I am not much on mounting them.

Deepsouth":29cdig0k said:
Wow highgrit, you've killed 3 piebalds! I've never seen one or heard of anyone killing one around here. If I do see one I certainly won't have any hangup about killing it, unlike my Cherokee brother. Nice muledeer!

Never even seen one other than on the internet.
That is really something. If I seen that deer in the woods here
You can bet a 16 gauge would be talkin loud if it trotted under my stand.

Deepsouth":9pcz6ei0 said:
Caustic Burno":9pcz6ei0 said:
Deepsouth the top mount is gorgeous.
]

Caustic that buck was killed with a muzzle loader. I'm going to brag a little now, it was a 160 yard shot hunting from the ground in the woods. That is a inline muzzle loader and it had a scope.

Those 3 bucks represent muzzle loader, rifle and bow kills.

Wow Deepsouth that is one heck of a shot my furthest with a smokepole is 80 or 90 yards. (Rifle)

Shot a nice 8 pt with a primitive bow at three steps from the bottom of the tree.
With the Osage bow next to the recurve one of the hardest shots I ever made.
Most of my bow kills was with primitive.

Shot one nice 8 pt with the black powder scattergun at 42 steps with a load of double aught
his skull is in the man cave as well. Most of the others have been about 30 steps.

lol I don't care if the deer is 36 inches wide and horns sticking up everywhere and a world record piebald or albino he will live to see another day. :hide:

Highgrit had I seen one like that top buck of yours I would have needed CPR.
I have killed hundreds of deer in my life and nothing close to what you, Deepsouth and Sky have rack wise.
We just don't have that quality of deer here.

Congrats to all three of you absolutely some of the finest deer I have ever seen.
At the feed store there is mounts from all over the country people have in there on display.
There is probably 60 to70 heads on the wall even a mountain lion along with a couple of Ox heads.
You boys could hang up there with the best of them. :tiphat:

Someday if I remember to bring my camera I will get some pics from in there.
It is pretty dang neat.

Caustic Burno":czyc3nnf said:
Highgrit had I seen one like that top buck of yours I would have needed CPR.
I have killed hundreds of deer in my life and nothing close to what you, Deepsouth and Sky have rack wise.
We just don't have that quality of deer here.

Congrats to all three of you absolutely some of the finest deer I have ever seen.
At the feed store there is mounts from all over the country people have in there on display.
There is probably 60 to70 heads on the wall even a mountain lion along with a couple of Ox heads.
You boys could hang up there with the best of them. :tiphat:

Someday if I remember to bring my camera I will get some pics from in there.
It is pretty dang neat.

CB thank you and you have some fine ones there. I love those bows you have and your weaponry. I envy you for the fish it seems fish know its me and will not bite my hook so i have to shoot them with a bow lol

Here's one of the other piebalds, this buck looked like he had been in a snow storm. And the buck behind him was a 230lb deer. His main beams are close to 28" inches, and they pass by each other. Both of them bucks are very unique, never seen another piebald like that.

Latest posts