Help Support CattleToday:

Txpiney":9tcoi61c said:
holm25":9tcoi61c said:
Txpiney":9tcoi61c said:

My latest little booger
How'd you manage to get a black baldy out of a Char cow lol
Momma is a charxangus with a touch of herford. Bull is angus

This her mommas calf from last January

I've always liked a smoky baldy but have never had one.. Pretty calves.

holm25":2vj9vdhr said:
slick4591":2vj9vdhr said:
I know you were not being critical, Jeanne. She was just short of 6 months in the earlier picture and only milk and grass. This is her today after being on grass and feed for 3 weeks. Don't know if this tells you anything.

Have any new pictures of her?

Just remembered you wanted an updated pic.

Registered Beefmaster bull over my commercial cows
IMG_2364.jpg

She didn't take the ai but I hope this heifer calf from our Hereford cleanup bull develops into a replacement. The cow is a gelbvieh.

Last calf pics for now, we have some rented ground that has been going up in price the past few years, fencing that has to be redone and it really doesn't pencil out, getting 5 calves for freezer beef and will give me more time for fishing.

Me too. I'm thinking about keeping those three red heifers. On a side note, if you're curious about which black cows are carrying a red gene a good way to do it is to just try and make black baldies and run a hereford bull. :lol: :cboy:

Forgot this bull. He was born the other day.

I need to take some more pics next time I'm out here's a few though. I love seeing pics of calves.

Eii64R9.jpg

NckfdTh.jpg

BJHtvpZ.jpg

hSB24qA.jpg

Dubcharo said:
Calves from past January

FTJ Cascade

LT Del Rey

LT Del Rey

HRJ Maverick

LT Del Rey

I went looking for pics of your calves, and that's how I found this thread dubcharo. Very very nice!
Very impressive how straight topped they are. Good looking critters for sure!

Not related. But I have to add this picture of seven.

Latest posts