Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
With the bull thread going good, I figured I start this one. After all this is why we do what we do.
Here's some of mine with their maker in the background.

I've liked this little guy from the start, 2 weeks old here.

20150325_110049.jpg

Highgrit I have a calf similar in color to the one that is sideways in the front. She was solid black with a white face when she was born but she has a reddish blackish coat similar to yours now, any idea why that happens? I'll post some pictures of her next time I have a chance to take one.

Dsteim":2m3gz77i said:
Highgrit I have a calf similar in color to the one that is sideways in the front. She was solid black with a white face when she was born but she has a reddish blackish coat similar to yours now, any idea why that happens? I'll post some pictures of her next time I have a chance to take one.
Often times that is dead winter or baby hair and they will shed off black again. Most of my Brangus have a brown, sun bleached faze. However sired by the Herf, could be different.

That makes a lot of sense! It does kind of look like its sun bleached hair, the calfs momma was one of the first two heifers I bought and she took it upon herself to get bred by jumping the fence into the neighbors pasture.

Those are some good looking calves yall have posted. Here are a few of mine. Most of them are from the winter before the grass came on. Sorry if the pictures are huge.

Here's one that was playing hide and seek a while back. Took me a while to figure out where it had got off too. Momma was giving me the look.

These are some great calf pictures everyone! I love the calf hiding in the hay ring. A warm, dry spot!

Dubcharo I know that your cattle stay inside a good part of the year. So do they get sunburned noses when the go out in spring?

Branguscowgirl I saw sunburn once on a cow. We send the group out a day without too much sun. Maybe the white color help a bit.

A.J.":33fhuy6c said:
Those are some good looking calves yall have posted. Here are a few of mine. Most of them are from the winter before the grass came on. Sorry if the pictures are huge.

Here's one that was playing hide and seek a while back. Took me a while to figure out where it had got off too. Momma was giving me the look.

That's nice Panda cow.