Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

simme said:
slick4591 said:
I see this post still lives. Five month fullblood.

How did the two heifers that you bought from the lady in Georgia turn out?

Actually, they are the better of what I already had. They both were both eating at my feet until I had to get my son to take over most chores. Now one turned sour and can't get her into the catch pen to load and get bred.

Lil better pic of the silver bullet....
Hes a feisty one. Ran thru the fence to me. Then back thru the fence to mama. LOL!
This isn't mama but hes curious about this cow...
O. And it's a bull calf btw

Twins born a couple days ago, raising the one on the right with a bottle. one heifer , one bull, the heifer on the bottle.

Most of these were born during July and a lot from heifers. They have been on some forage oats for about 3 weeks now with access to other grazing between the trees. I think they are doing OK.

LD Capitalist out of GAR Prophet cow

SS Niagara out of a Bruns Blaster heifer

SAV Rainmaster out of SAV Renown cow

Heifers are making plenty of milk on the oats, this is my Hoover Dam heifer.

Ken

MurraysMutts said:
snoopdog said:
The heifer twin

Nice! Hows it doing?

U should come borrow my heifer that lost her calf. She needs a job.
A few days working with em, and u could have em paired up..
She's doing really good, woulda loved to take up that offer before I spent the money on colostrum and milk replacer. Bring her over tho and we'll give it a try, free room and board.

some of the mod squad

This was an unusual runt we had, only weighted maybe 50 lbs at birth. My daughter named him TinyTim and wants us to keep him forever.

wbvs58 said:
Wow, they get a hump from an early age.

Ken
They look pretty good but there's always room for improvement, I have a JDH Woodson son which started to work January 1. Can't wait to see those. And I just purchased a JDH clanton son last month. But he's in quarantine until October 1st. Just to make sure he's 100%.

I'm liking this boy.. Selling his brother to a friend of mine who needs a docile bull, I'll have some of his calves next year as a preview.. I think this guy might be better than the older brother, but time will tell on that.. He's a heck of a meat wagon

Latest posts