Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Freight.
We haven't decided yet, we have our third calf crop coming this spring and we have a son we are keeping as well so don't really have a need to, and the semen game is a fickle one

This was a bull I raised - he is my avatar. Simme Valley Macho As U. Old, long gone, but influences my herd. Still breed to him. He was a CE & BW trait leader (back when they designated trait leaders). Still get a check in the mail now & then from SEK Genetic Horizons selling his semen.

Used to run ads "Coming & Going he looks good"

Jeanne - Simme Valley":wta8fonz said:
This was a bull I raised - he is my avatar. Simme Valley Macho As U. Old, long gone, but influences my herd. Still breed to him. He was a CE & BW trait leader (back when they designated trait leaders). Still get a check in the mail now & then from SEK Genetic Horizons selling his semen.

Small world. I'm only about 10 miles from sek genetics. I send all my biopren to them.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1oukyzxu said:

Have any pictures of his calves??

K3ranch":w51k6lwa said:
Freight.
We haven't decided yet, we have our third calf crop coming this spring and we have a son we are keeping as well so don't really have a need to, and the semen game is a fickle one
Well if you ever do i would be interested in getting some from you. You have some mighty fine cattle, hats off to your operation :tiphat:

These are all heifers/cows that I have sold. I still have daughters in my herd. I have one in my replacement heifer group this year and a two-yr old calving this year. He is Homo Black & Homo Polled. They stuffed the straws with guaranteed 30M live sperm. So, if I have a cow giving me a problem settling AI, I stick him in her.

Very nice Jeanne. He seems to put a little leg under some of his calves? Do they grow into them?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2oaench3 said:
Occasionally he threw a bigger frame, but no, normally about 5.5 - 6 frame. Lots of guts, good foot & legs and best of all, GREAT udders on his daughters.

Heifer safe?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2wrexep6 said:
These are all heifers/cows that I have sold. I still have daughters in my herd. I have one in my replacement heifer group this year and a two-yr old calving this year. He is Homo Black & Homo Polled. They stuffed the straws with guaranteed 30M live sperm. So, if I have a cow giving me a problem settling AI, I stick him in her.

Very nice cattle!!! Please don't take offense to this, but I would really like to see the tallest gal you have in the photos crossed with Coleman Charlo 0256. Would be really curious to see what happens when you put that belly dragger with your tall gal. I think it would be fireworks.

holm25":3kblk7yy said:
sim.-ang.king":3kblk7yy said:
Don't know why I never post my bulls on this thread, but here you go.

The two herd bulls used last year. Angus, and a PB Sim.
42862991422_fb82b9ec07_h.jpg

Then two bulls born last fall
3/4 sim 1/4 angus
46619345961_3df33e71b1_h.jpg

PB Sim
45895301624_2e7903c2a0_h.jpg

What can you tell me about that blaze bull? He is the kind of you know what I mean.

Both of the fall bulls are out of the red PB sim ASA 2867972 who is out of locally used bull.
WF is out of a 11 year old 3/4 sim cow, a well built cow with good milk and bag. Calf number 9 out of her.
His father is a maternal bred bull, with good CE, BW (avg. BW 73# out of 69 calves), milk, and has smaller mature size heifers. With better conversion, and well muscled steers.
Born 9-24-17
BW 86
Weaned at 138 days weighed 445# (2.60ADG)
Last weighed 1100# on 10-12-18. Has been out on pasture with 10# feed per day, since October. Going to weigh him again next week when he goes to the vet.

He's not one of the full throttle, scale smashers, but he's got the right stuff to make some keeper heifers, and hopefully some future profitable cows.

Dam in 2010, only picture I have of her on hand.
8315350846_e3dd913b3d_h.jpg

Found my Bull working today. He's a 2 year old Fortress son out of a mohnen dynamite cow. I've got a few others but he's with the registered cows.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3fyxrgsk said:
CD - he looks good.
Sim-Ang - I like your herd bulls and the blaze face. The 3/4 "appears" to be post-legged in the picture and breaks on his topline.
He's not as bad as he appears, he just doesn't like to stand correct for pics, but he's not as good as the WF. He does have a smaller a head, and smoother shoulders, so CE is his advantage. Main reason I kept him was encase someone wanted a very high CE bull for smaller heifers, but didn't want to pay for an overpriced angus CE bull.

Here is a photo of a recently weaned direct son of SAV Harvestor that we bred. He is out of a Queen Mother family, registered Angus cow (she weighs about 1950 lbs open)

3 year old angus bull I have been using on cows.

Yearling Angus bull out of SAV Resource that I raised and will use this year on 3 year old cows.

Latest posts