Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn":34ju2i07 said:
Really really nice Herefords.US. Care to tell us more about him?
please do, that is one of the finest bulls that I've seen

jscunn":9pw71h87 said:

He is a proven bull, currently 6 years old. That picture is a few years old. He was a sale feature in Topp Herefords sale in 2009.

3448277566.jpg

Since then, he became a widely used sire via AI. I had seen a few progeny and I had come very close to buying a son as well as a paternal half brother in the past, but was outbid on both. This summer I visited Langford Herefords in Oklahoma and I fell in love with all the good young daughters that they had in production there. When I knew that an interest in the bull was going to be offered for sale in Minnesota, I was interested, but I figured the price would be beyond my price range that I will spend for a bull, even a proven sire. Long story short, the price was acceptable and I made the deal for him, having only seen progeny, old pictures, and a recent video.

We unloaded him in a rainstorm last week, after a two day trek from Minnesota, and I put him in a pasture with 5 bred cows. I didn't get to take a close look at him until yesterday evening, but I am really happy with the way he looks. He is extremely thick, moderate in frame, and moves out really well. His feet and legs are in exceptional shape. He seems to be very docile, letting me scratch him around the tailhead. I think he will be easy keeping and a good pasture bull. In about 10 days, he will be going out with a group of cows that aren't bred.

I own him in partnership with Langford Herefords in Oklahoma and Perks Ranch in Illinois. Semen is for sale through Perks Ranch.

Herefords.US":3rjwsqud said:
jscunn":3rjwsqud said:

He is a proven bull, currently 6 years old. That picture is a few years old. He was a sale feature in Topp Herefords sale in 2009.

3448277566.jpg

Since then, he became a widely used sire via AI. I had seen a few progeny and I had come very close to buying a son as well as a paternal half brother in the past, but was outbid on both. This summer I visited Langford Herefords in Oklahoma and I fell in love with all the good young daughters that they had in production there. When I knew that an interest in the bull was going to be offered for sale in Minnesota, I was interested, but I figured the price would be beyond my price range that I will spend for a bull, even a proven sire. Long story short, the price was acceptable and I made the deal for him, having only seen progeny, old pictures, and a recent video.

We unloaded him in a rainstorm last week, after a two day trek from Minnesota, and I put him in a pasture with 5 bred cows. I didn't get to take a close look at him until yesterday evening, but I am really happy with the way he looks. He is extremely thick, moderate in frame, and moves out really well. His feet and legs are in exceptional shape. He seems to be very docile, letting me scratch him around the tailhead. I think he will be easy keeping and a good pasture bull. In about 10 days, he will be going out with a group of cows that aren't bred.

I own him in partnership with Langford Herefords in Oklahoma and Perks Ranch in Illinois. Semen is for sale through Perks Ranch.

Congratulations, George.

Hereford.US, that is a nice boy for sure :)

Coyote, I like the shorties, still have a lot of SH influence, but next go round I'm going to have a solid red.. the chrome is beautiful to look at but costly at the sale barn. He is a nice bull either way though. Would look good with a couple of my roan cows for sure

skyhightree1":2g3c9xdm said:
wacocowboy":2g3c9xdm said:
HDRider":2g3c9xdm said:
Sky I am glad you started this thread. There are some handsome bulls on here.

I second that

thanks I'm surprised its still going strong.
I've really enjoyed this thread also so I'll keep it going. Not mine but I'm keeping this coming 2yr old for a friend this winter. I'm hoping for some thick smokey colored LHx calves from him.

Taurus":158x21ji said:
That's thick bull I ever seen. What kind he is? Murray Grey cross?
The short answer is Charolais, but there are 2 other breeds a couple generations back in the woodpile. If anyone guesses one I'll be impressed. He's dog gentle and has a few calves on the ground that are black, grey and caramel. I know he is not perfect but I'm glad to keep him this winter. I like his masculinity and width. He has been brought up supplement free. This picture shows his width a little better.

Kingfisher":1m0oy38k said:
Taurus":1m0oy38k said:
That's thick bull I ever seen. What kind he is? Murray Grey cross?
Hopefully he goes easy on those longhorn! I could see a biggun like him breaking them down.
I know what you mean Kingfisher but it's awful tough to breakdown a longhorn that's why I love 'em!

Latest posts