SAV sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
Yearling bulls averaged over $12k at the SAV sale this weekend. They sold over 500 lots. Who are these people that can justify paying these prices? I know that alot were sold to seedstock folks, but most would have to be sold to folks that are going to use them for herd bulls- and that blows my mind.
Still looking for a heifer bull- anybody know anything about Express Ranch?

shadyhollownj":1lape17t said:
I know express is getting into herefords and the fact that a production sale sold 8 million dollars in cattle blows my mind.

Where did you hear that Express Ranches is getting into Herefords?

Lazy M":27vs6cor said:
Yearling bulls averaged over $12k at the SAV sale this weekend. They sold over 500 lots. Who are these people that can justify paying these prices? I know that alot were sold to seedstock folks, but most would have to be sold to folks that are going to use them for herd bulls- and that blows my mind.

I have a post about Express Ranches, there were some good posts on there that may help you. They were just on American Rancher on RFDTV about 2 weeks ago. Very stout operation, with good Angus cattle. I know they will ship your bull to you for free.

I have read several things about express buying a few high dollar herefords. They recently bought two donors at topps sale on sunday.

customer of mine bought to open heifers from them. just got them this morning. said he wanted a bull but couldnt quite cut it. never said what he went to on the bulls

Lazy M":3kukyy0v said:

http://www.expressranches.com/ They have a ranch in Oklahoma (just NW of Oklahoma City) and a big one out in NM that I know of (between the highways coming out of the mountains between Angel Fire and Eagle's Nest, NM). They have several sales at the Oklahoma ranch each year. They are suppose to be the biggest angus seed stock producer in the country. So you can get into the discussion of programs and such as everyone has an opinion. However, if they have what you are looking for, I don't think you could find an outfit easier to deal with. They stand behind their product further than I think they should, but that is the reputation they want. I've used 4 bulls from Express, and I bought another for someone else.

They produce Limo's and Limflex stuff but I haven't seen any Hereford's yet.