Sale results of our calves!

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmental7

Reaction score
The sale didn't look promising at first, but our calves did damn good this year and the biggest that we have ever raised.
800 pound steers $1.65, 745 pounders brought $1.62 then heifers weighed 707 and brought $153.75 Very pleased with this years calf crop! :cboy:

Simmental7, I am glad to see you got some good prices. Where are you located, and were those calves weaned? They would be yearlings in March, April?

I am located in South East Kansas just 15 miles west of Fort Scott, and I sell at Fredonia and yes they would be yearlings in march-April but a few being born in late feb 60 days wean 2 rounds of shots and everything in between

Simmental7":15nt0oef said:
I am located in South East Kansas just 15 miles west of Fort Scott, and I sell at Fredonia and yes they would be yearlings in march-April but a few being born in late feb 60 days wean 2 rounds of shots and everything in between
I wondered if that's where you sold. They generally have about as good of a market as we do here.

Simmental7":3hpbvo03 said:
I was very pleased they payed off my new baler. :cboy:

That's impossible!

I have been reading this forum for over 2 1/2 years and have had it pretty well drilled into my head that THERE AIN'T NO MONEY IN THE CATTLE BUSINESS!

On a serious note, congrats on your success.

TennesseeTuxedo":23rhay7u said:
Simmental7":23rhay7u said:

That's impossible!

I have been reading this forum for over 2 1/2 years and have had it pretty well drilled into my head that THERE AIN'T NO MONEY IN THE CATTLE BUSINESS!

It's possible, you just have to use your head, and tell the truth about what you really make.

TennesseeTuxedo":2y85qejf said:
Simmental7":2y85qejf said:

That's impossible!

There is money in the business.

However most here are not in the business - they are in the hobby

Just my not so humble opinion!

Cheers

Bez

PS - Well done on getting rid of the calves at a good price AND paying off that loan!

B

Many of us raise and sell cattle as a hobby. Very enjoyable and profits make it even more enjoyable. It is legal

TennesseeTuxedo":3bty4101 said:
Simmental7":3bty4101 said:

That's impossible!

pfffttt! There's plenty of money in the cattle business!

Getting a profit back out is the problem! :lol2: Simmental7 just took his money from the cows and put it back into a depreciating piece of equipment. Hopefully that will help him be more profitable in the future and he can bank the next sales check.

Just having some fun, not wishing to debate.

Chris H":1ajpgd82 said:
Getting a profit back out is the problem! :lol2: Simmental7 just took his money from the cows and put it back into a depreciating piece of equipment. Hopefully that will help him be more profitable in the future and he can bank the next sales check.

Chris you scared me for a minute. Thought you were going to encourage him to get in on the ground level of the revitalized ostrich/emu business. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":3eqjwg4p said:
Chris H":3eqjwg4p said:

Chris you scared me for a minute. Thought you were going to encourage him to get in on the ground level of the revitalized ostrich/emu business. :lol2: :lol2:

Alpacas TB, the smart money is in Alpacas. ;-)

Latest posts