Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm not a mod & I'm a noob here & read WAY more than I post. But the one thing I can say I like most about this forum is that it doesn't have clown shows like the one that has over taken this thread. So why don't you ladies do us all a favor & take your internet purse fight to PM so the rest of us aren't forced to suffer through it.

Jabes0623":3ndbqeh8 said:
I'm not a mod & I'm a noob here & read WAY more than I post. But the one thing I can say I like most about this forum is that it doesn't have clown shows like the one that has over taken this thread. So why don't you ladies do us all a favor & take your internet purse fight to PM so the rest of us aren't forced to suffer through it.
Understood.... my apologies to all,
Except one....

Jabes0623":gcfr472e said:

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

All that because a couple of people were brave enough to tell the truth about those heifers. I don't care how many times you line breed to juanadajuanadajuanadajuanada they will still not have a butt on them.
Time for some outcross genetics. Something with a decent rear end would be a good start.

Gelbvieh 5":3h3ir79z said:
All that because a couple of people were brave enough to tell the truth about those heifers. I don't care how many times you line breed to juanadajuanadajuanadajuanada they will still not have a butt on them.
Time for some outcross genetics. Something with a decent rear end would be a good start.
Thank you sir. Sounds sounds like the solution to what I pointed out as a fault in the heifers as well.

There were 8 pages of pictures and comments on the cow thread, and I could not find a single negative comment. Some I liked and some I didn't. I am sure others felt the same, but no one felt compelled to tear them down. I must admit to being very curious to see TexasBred's cattle. I would imagine he might be hesitant to have his own critiqued. I did see him make a positive comment about some cows that I thought would have been very similar in type to these as yearlings. It seems obvious from the last comment that this is more about his opinion of Oldtimer than it is about these heifers.

I won't comment about cattle I don't like unless specifically asked, and then I would try to be as tactful as possible. I like these heifers, and don't see anything that makes me think they won't turn into good cows.

Katpau":lthlswya said:
There were 8 pages of pictures and comments on the cow thread, and I could not find a single negative comment. Some I liked and some I didn't. I am sure others felt the same, but no one felt compelled to tear them down. I must admit to being very curious to see TexasBred's cattle. I would imagine he might be hesitant to have his own critiqued. I did see him make a positive comment about some cows that I thought would have been very similar in type to these as yearlings. It seems obvious from the last comment that this is more about his opinion of Oldtimer than it is about these heifers.

I won't comment about cattle I don't like unless specifically asked, and then I would try to be as tactful as possible. I like these heifers, and don't see anything that makes me think they won't turn into good cows.
Nicely said Katpau. I think that you hit the nail on the head when you say some comments are more about the opinion of the person than the cattle.
Some people are real opinionated about other peoples cattle, yet they don't have anything near perfect standing in their own pasture either.

Here's my replacement pen of fall heifers. 7 to 9 months here. I welcome all commits. But there mine, I raised them, that's my grass their on, and I like them. I'm proud to see them out there. I'll even go ahead and bet they do real good.

That wf on the left might be a little small. ;-)

Katpau":2wvja7g3 said:

Katpau you totally misunderstood the comment I made about Oldtimer. It simply meant that he has been around long enough to understand that when he posts pics of cattle there will always be some who like them and some who don't and he's mature enough to accept that. It was not intented to be negative in anyway. For hat matter we all understand that our pics will be critiqued whether it's cattle, crops or in my case my ugly old face. :nod:

BTW I've posted pics before but you can also go to the CT picture gallery and loook at all the pics of my cattle there. Most of those cattle have since been sold but it will give you an idea.

Fenceman for whatever it's worth they all look like very nice heifers and will probably work well for you. I'd be proud of them too.

Katpau said:

I won't comment about cattle I don't like unless specifically asked, and then I would try to be as tactful as possible.
I like these heifers, and don't see anything that makes me think they won't turn into good cows.[/quote]

Not trying to start a fight but using a BEEF cattle standard what is it that leads you to that conclusion.

Maybe what we need here is a board where anyone can post a picture of a cow or bull and nobody can say an unkind word about them no matter how bad their condition or confirmation.

If you will notice I try to be as honest as I can with myself about my cattle. When I posted a picture of my yearling bull the other day "I" made sure to point out that he definately could use a better sheath.

Last time I looked the purpose of replacement heifers or bulls was to continually improve the quality of your cattle. A major lack of A$$ is not an improvement to anyones herd.....and no I am not suggesting an infusion of Gelbvieh blood, as was suggested to Gelbvieh 5.

and since I am going to get flamed for my statements here I will be totally honest. 401 is a pretty decent heifer in fact very nice 406 is at the opposite end of the spectrum. Everything in between is just what TB said. Pretty average.

fenceman":15rq0lyl said:

Here's my replacement pen of fall heifers. 7 to 9 months here. I welcome all commits. But there mine, I raised them, that's my grass their on, and I like them. I'm proud to see them out there. I'll even go ahead and bet they do real good.

That wf on the left might be a little small. ;-)
They look nice from here. I especially like that little white face! :mrgreen:

ALACOWMAN":wwyym2xi said:
The only problem I see with em, is the lack of ears for more tags :cowboy:

:lol2: there's a bit of story behind that. One tag is my info dob etc. The other is my phone #.
But the Orange tag on each side started when I had a calf shot by a deer hunter. Now that's a zero tolerance kinda deal. Well when the shtf. I realized this was a good kid. And his dad was good, but being from the city. They had never been around hogs. The teenage boy walking to his stand at dawn. The small black calf stood up in the brush. The excited city boy shot it. Thinking it was a pig. They could have hid it but they didn't. They came to me and paid me damages. I forgave the boy. I bet he's THE safest hunter in the woods .scared the chit out of him.
Any way since then I put a Orange tag on both sides.

Latest posts