Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Had some time and weather to spend some time going thru the cows and heifers. Awful happy with the way these heifers look. Some of these have come a long way since weaning. They were all AI serviced first of this month, Currently out with a bull for 60 days. Most will be October 2022 DOB (Some Septembers some Novembers).. Pick your Favorites

Deer Valley Growth Fund daughter AI Bred to GAR Dual Threat.

SAF Connection daughter AI Bred to GAR Dual Threat

Sydgen Black Diamond daughter AI Bred to Tehama Tahoe

Sydgen Anvil daughter AI Bred to GAR Dual Threat

Had some time and weather to spend some time going thru the cows and heifers. Awful happy with the way these heifers look. Some of these have come a long way since weaning. They were all AI serviced first of this month, Currently out with a bull for 60 days. Most will be October 2022 DOB (Some Septembers some Novembers).. Pick your Favorites

SAF Connection daughter AI Bred to GAR Dual Threat

Sydgen Black Diamond daughter AI Bred to Tehama Tahoe

Sydgen Anvil daughter AI Bred to GAR Dual Threat
#2, #5, and #6 look a little straight in the hock. I'm not much for #2s head, either. Otherwise they look plenty deep and straight. And I like Brickyard too. They should give you some consistent calves.

thanks guys. well the last two were purchased in november. they obviously have a better haircut. my favorites are the last gavel, she is a beast., the second to the last gavel and the black diamond.. the brickyard is nice to look at but she has a bit of an attitude.. honestly my favorites will be the ones that take ai.. they will all work for us.

Haircuts do improve first impressions... and I think that a couple of them are just enough younger that they will mature out a bit. I will gladly take any that you aren't happy with !!!:ROFLMAO:

I am with you Ken @wbvs58 …3rd one I like. I like how she carries into that hind quarter and she has a real fresh look in a solid youthful package. She has capacity coming along nicely and I predict she has a nice future.

The last one is real showy in presence especially on that side profile, thick with capacity and catches the eye. My only thought on the last one is as nice as she looks she's a bit "cowie" for my taste. I like my heifers a little more fresh or youthful in appearance but she's the one to "take to town" in this set - meaning show ring but maybe the attitude, you mentioned @jscunn, would x-nay that idea.😊

Nice set! Good luck with breedings and keep us posted.