Replacement heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

#2,3, and 5 (maybe #1) will do well with the same bull that the others will only produce marginal calves. The other heifers would need a better bull to make top of the market...

#2,3, and 5 (maybe #1) will do well with the same bull that the others will only produce marginal calves. The other heifers would need a better bull to make top of the market.
#1 is a poor picture, she's thicker than appears. She wasn't cooperating on a good angle. I snapped them all pretty quick after mowing pig sticker bushes so it was an exciting day for them. #3 is better than the picture too but your picks are an accurate assessment.

Nice looking bunch. You buy them or raise them?
1and 5 are raised, both simangus out of a Musgrave stunner son. The others are purchased.

What is the story? Age?
All about a year old except for the shorthorn plus she's a November. I have a few fall calvers left. Sold the steers and thought I'd ride the wave up on the heifers. I'll put the bull in November for fall calves next year. I will sell all or some in April, hopefully get some of those high green grass prices plus hoping the market holds at close to current prices. I may try to add some more in the next month or two, get a nice spring check.

😂1 and 5 are the ones that stood out for me and when I saw the Stunner genetics I know why. We AI'd with Musgrave Stunner here and run a Stunner herdsire. Our Stunners have a feminine profile but nice and thick over the top and into that rear. They have a moderate frame. In fact the profiled calf in the random pictures thread is a Musgrave Stunner.