Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
The other day while checking cows I snapped pictures of a few of the yearling heifers...After reading the replacement heifer thread I thought I would post a picture of a few that I found that day...
They are really gaining on the green grass and are cycling.. (Still about a week before I put bulls out.) Our young girls don't get pampered much either.... Get corralled and fed a little grain/pellets for a couple weeks after weaning mainly to gentle them down and after that they are back out grazing- and when the old cows are brought in from summer pasture they go back with them- and are wintered with them thru the winter... Learn to rustle and survive right from the start... And I've found a heifer on the gain breeds up better then some of the fat ones wintered in the feedlots...

These heifers were all sired by the Lazy Bar B Bannon 2 BY bull #17049646 - which has Bannon of Wye UMF 8420 as grandsire on both the top and bottom.. Bannon of Wye proved to be a very good mama cow maker- so hopefully these double bred great granddaughters will too... He was owned by Horse Butte Ranch and Whitney Creek Ranch, is now dead, and semen is virtually nonexistent....
We'll know in about 10 years how they worked out !

This is my favorite heifer - L B B Juanadamere 408 # 17942807... Her mother (Cole Creek Juanadamere 5U) is a little cow that brings in one of the top calves every year..

L B B Juanada Rita 402 # 17942804.... She is out of a pretty Cole Creek Seven Son 67T daughter...

L B B Juanada Rain 405 # 17942805 a daughter of Cole Creek Juanada Rain 127W who's paternal great grandsire was the Cole Creek Black Cedar 46P bull that put Cole Creek ranch into the big times... We've incorporated quite a bit of "Cedar" (C H Quantum 6247) bloodlines into our herd...

L B B Mary 406 17942806 - She traces back 3 times on her papers to the old Bannon of Wye UMF 8420 and her maternal grand sire is the O C C Magnitude 805M bull...Her IBC is 16.15%... It will be interesting to see how the linebreeding works out with her...

L B B Celtic Beauty 401 # 17942803 out of a little cow I bought from Whitney Creek Ranch-
W C R Celtic Beauty 013X who's maternal grand sire was Ballot of Belladrum...

nice heifer OT, looks like they will make you some mamma cows. I like them all with the exception of the 406 heifer could be the picture angle but she seems light in the britches. Nice to see you have some good grass I always love looking at your cattle, I like the way you wrap your genetics.

gizmom

Nice heifers. I really like that 401 and 402 heifer. Not crazy about the 405 and 406 though. They give the illusion that they may be rather narrow through the pelvic/hip area. Pics are great for giving illusions though...

Gators Rule":xks5occ1 said:
Nice heifers. I really like that 401 and 402 heifer. Not crazy about the 405 and 406 though. They give the illusion that they may be rather narrow through the pelvic/hip area. Pics are great for giving illusions though...
No AZZ...it's not an illusion. :nod:

TexasBred":1vu1bc3f said:
fenceman":1vu1bc3f said:
KNERSIE":1vu1bc3f said:
I'm with Texasbred, not my bag o' chips

Yeah mine either.
Heifers look alright though. :mrgreen:
Guess we all see them differently. Here they would be culls.
Yep, I guess we see things different.
Two completely different kinda men I reckon.

fenceman":kbvcqdu7 said:

I Sure hope so. :nod:

TexasBred":2vvfgt9u said:
fenceman":2vvfgt9u said:

You tell yourself whatever you need to... :nod:
Cowboy ;-)

fenceman":msh6kz3q said:
TexasBred":msh6kz3q said:
fenceman":msh6kz3q said:

You tell yourself whatever you need to... :nod:
Cowboy ;-)

Hate to disappoint you but I don't talk to myself. Fenceman you sure seem to be fixated on trolling for me. Get over it son. I know who and what I am and am very happy with it. Hopefully you can say the same. ;-)

Hate to disappoint you but I don't talk to myself. Fenceman you sure seem to be fixated on trolling for me. Get over it son. I know who and what I am and am very happy with it. Hopefully you can say the same. ;-)[/quote]

I'll start by apologizing to oldtimer for this happening on his thread.
I've been respectful and polite to you since I joined this forum. The vulgar and uncalled for way you spoke to me and another for no good reason is uncalled for and pathetic. Now why don't you go have a good long talk with yourself. It might do you good. I haven't trolled on you . maybe gave you a little taste of yourself. So I tell you what , you have that talk with yourself. If your any kind of a man you will give me and others(you know who) the apology that you owe. I will rethink your status as a man. Now you take that and do as you please. I don't care :tiphat:

fenceman":3u3woxu2 said:
I've been respectful and polite to you since I joined this forum. The vulgar and uncalled for way you spoke to me and another for no good reason is uncalled for and pathetic. Now gave you a little taste of yourself. So I tell you what , you have that talk with yourself. If your any kind of a man you will give me and others(you know who) the apology that you owe. I will rethink your status as a man. Now you take that and do as you please. I don't care :tiphat:
Sorry son you have no apology coming. I made a comment to Denver about his concrete slab and you jumped on board. Haven' t heard anymore from Denver. As for OT and his calves we all post pictures expecting and hoping for comments. Most of learn from it. OT is a longtime member and is aware of this. Maybe you love the heifers. I don't. Others agreed with me. Some agreed with you. That's how it works. As for you opinion of my manhood you can I could care less. Now tell me about those poor blistered hands that have been in construction all your life. I'd think a working man would be beyond blisters by now. :bs:w And yes I'm sarcastic and have a smart a$$ attitude sometimes. It's a natural defense against people like you filled with drama, stupidity and bullshyt!

I am not azz. I was raised better than that. When someone disagrees with me. I can debate polite. That can be proven. I don't have to be vulgar to respond to some one.
I am proud of my caloused hands.
You can call me stupid. Heck you might be right.
But I assure you the only bullshyt is on my boots.
My home town is listed every one knows me. Next time you take a road trip. Look me up.

Latest posts