Really smart phone

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Today I was in the hardware store to buy a 1/4-28 tap . Drill size required was No. 3. No number three drills there only fractional sizes. A friend and his son walked up that I had worked with for years. I asked do you know the decimal equivalent of a Number three drill. The son talked into his phone and said decimal equivalent of a number three drill and immediately, Answer .2130. So I bought a 13/64 diameter drill which is .009875 smaller so I think it will work.

hurleyjd":37zinqwg said:
Today I was in the hardware store to buy a 1/4-28 tap . Drill size required was No. 3. No number three drills there only fractional sizes. A friend and his son walked up that I had worked with for years. I asked do you know the decimal equivalent of a Number three drill. The son talked into his phone and said decimal equivalent of a number three drill and immediately, Answer .2130. So I bought a 13/64 diameter drill which is .009875 smaller so I think it will work.

Great story! Good outcome......here's what scares me. When are we going to get to the point where all we need to know is what gadget to buy next. I really fear that soon we won't be capable of an original thought. :frowns:

An older lady that used to work in a hardware store I did a lot of business with used to blow my mind with the ability she had in her fingers to tell the difference in sizes of screws/bolts/drill bits, anything round. She would roll them between the tips of her fingers and be able to tell what size of whatever it was you were looking for. She was dam near blind but those fingers of hers just amazed me. Never knew her to be wrong.

I could have told you what size drill you needed without the phone ;) 13/64 will work just fine.

10/32 = 5/32 drill
1/4NC = 13/64
5/16NC = 17/64
3/8NC = 5/16
I can't remember 7/16 and 1/2 offhand.. I think they were 23/64 and 27/64

I was surprised at my work how some people COULDN'T tell the difference between things.. really miffed me when people put the wrong nuts/washers in the bolt bins

These new phones can do anything.

I am speaking into my phone now and it is changing it to text so you can read it.

This phone is my camera, my pedometer, my calorie counter, my ruler, my encyclopedia, my phone, my tape recorder, my video camera, my diary, my calendar, my word processor, my spreadsheet and my photo album.

I can download and watch movies and Tv programs and listen to music. I can get the local or international news. I can get the weather forecast and see the weather radar.

It helps me to get work through different employers. I can put my assignments in for my employers. It is my computer, it is my GPS, it is my calculator, it is my brain trainer, it is a magnifying glass, it is a video game and I am sure there are more things it can do that I don't know it can do.

They are saying they are going to have to bring in legislation for when someone takes over the driving of someone else's car with their smart phone.

I tried speaking into my phone and it want to change languages or what it translates is garbage. How do yall get that feature to work.

Hook":1eab7qx9 said:
M5farm":1eab7qx9 said:
I tried speaking into my phone and it want to change languages or what it translates is garbage. How do yall get that feature to work.
It has a hard time translating thick drawl
Never tried the phone. I don;t have a drawl but the truck doesn;t understand me.

My phone is pretty stupid. It just hangs on the kitchen wall. But I prefer it that way. I don't want a phone that is smarter than I am.

I love it when my phone talks to me while I am driving. It tells me when to turn, what lane to be in etc, which is great when you don't know the road you are on.

My phone must understand Australian lol!!!!!

The phone can't do anything, much less everything.
Lay it on the desk and see what it does all on it's own.
Nothin.
You, or someone else, does it all.
Suzie Q":3fipr9gu said:
These new phones can do anything.

I am speaking into my phone now and it is changing it to text so you can read it.

This phone is my camera, my pedometer, my calorie counter, my ruler, my encyclopedia, my phone, my tape recorder, my video camera, my diary, my calendar, my word processor, my spreadsheet and my photo album.

I can download and watch movies and Tv programs and listen to music. I can get the local or international news. I can get the weather forecast and see the weather radar.

It helps me to get work through different employers. I can put my assignments in for my employers. It is my computer, it is my GPS, it is my calculator, it is my brain trainer, it is a magnifying glass, it is a video game and I am sure there are more things it can do that I don't know it can do.

They are saying they are going to have to bring in legislation for when someone takes over the driving of someone else's car with their smart phone.

Yes of course it can only do it if you know how. None of the things I mentioned could do it for you without you either, if you purchased them separately. Although this phone will answer, call someone or answer the question in the opening post if just asked and not touched.

I took to a smart phone like a duck to water and like most of us I did not want a smart phone. In the end the only reason I bought one was because l wanted one with a better camera and I bought it cheap at a pawn shop.

I won first prize with a photo from that phone at the local Agricultural Show and it was only an 8MB camera. This one has a 20MB camera.

Now my internet at home is broken. It is a satellite connection. They have informed me that I own the equipment now and the insurance I paid only lasted 3 years and could not be renewed and it is null and void.....and it will cost me $2,000.00 for them to come out to see what is wrong with the equipment.

Stuff that! I am on the internet now chatting with you on the phone and it is only costing me $18.00 a month for $760.00 worth of phone calls, free SMS, free to call anyone on Vaya which includes my friend who we can talk several times a day and my Mum .... and I get 1.5 gb of internet.

So I will take the money that I have been paying to them monthly and either pocket it or add to my internet on this phone if I find I want more than 1.5 gb and I can play on the internet anywhere I get a signal and not just in the office at home.

Latest posts