cell phone pocket

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a "flip smart phone now"... I have been looking at them as I only want a flip type phone... Front jeans pocket most of the time... cup holder like everyone else... hate it in shirt pocket. But then being a girl shirt pocket is not comfortable.
Front jeans pocket for me. My concern for a new i phone (non-foldable) is I am going to shove a wrench or something hard in my pocket with the fancy dan phone in there and destroy the screen. Yeah, you can get a cover, but then it's even bigger.

Or worse, you stop carrying it with you and you get trapped under a piece of equipment and are working alone... phone would be handy.

I'll take a look, but the flip I have now is new. I got it from AT&T for free. Customer loyalty. It doesn't text as well, but it does make videos.

Everybody I see staring at their phones seem to be such a waste of time, but maybe I just don't get it. I have gray hair...

We don't get cell service here which solves the problem. I don't have one.

How did all of you manage to survive before there were cell phones?
That's an awesome question. I am 58, but didn't get one until about 35 when I was GC'ing my house. But, you get used to it and feel naked without it.

I put mine in the bra pocket. 🤣 I've been told not to put cell phones in that pocket it could cause breast cancer. Only money, wads of money, stacks of money, 😅🤣😂 No worries I don't have any. Bra pocket is a made up pocket in case your not aware. I'm sure ya'll have seen women reaching in "bra pocket" grabbing money out before. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I wouldn't carry phone with me yet the school may call or husband, otherwise I would leave it in the freezer. 😉
Seriously my pockets aren't comfortable with a big 🐴 phone. I leave it laying around whatever near me if I'm doing something. My watch is supposed to tell me calls and texts, I think the setting is turned off.

That's an awesome question. I am 58, but didn't get one until about 35 when I was GC'ing my house. But, you get used to it and feel naked without it.

I didn't get a smartphone until 2013 or 14. Your right you get used to it. It's handy to be able to look stuff up real fast. Computer at your fingertips. I had cell phones for years before that just didn't use them like now days for the internet.

I didn't get a smartphone until 2013 or 14. Your right you get used to it. It's handy to be able to look stuff up real fast. Computer at your fingertips. I had cell phones for years before that just didn't use them like now days for the internet.
Didn't get my first cell phone until I was about 30. Around 1997.
I to this day don't have a personal computer in my home.

In the 80's I ran a long line trap line all winter. Spent weeks in areas with no human traffic that time of the year. I was single. Nobody had the slightest idea where I was. Even which part of the state I was in. A person learns pretty quickly to pay attention to what you are doing. Some people feel a need to be in constant contact with others. I don't.

"Life changing" events that I can remember:
Indoor plumbing
Television
Mechanical cotton pickers
Central Heat and air conditioning
Microwave oven
A/C in cars
Independent PTO on tractors
Diesel tractors and trucks
401K and IRA's
Personal computers
Internet
Cell phones

How did we do without those?
Wonder what we are still missing?

Last edited:
I put mine in the bra pocket. 🤣 I've been told not to put cell phones in that pocket it could cause breast cancer. Only money, wads of money, stacks of money, 😅🤣😂 No worries I don't have any. Bra pocket is a made up pocket in case your not aware. I'm sure ya'll have seen women reaching in "bra pocket" grabbing money out before. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I wouldn't carry phone with me yet the school may call or husband, otherwise I would leave it in the freezer. 😉
Seriously my pockets aren't comfortable with a big 🐴 phone. I leave it laying around whatever near me if I'm doing something. My watch is supposed to tell me calls and texts, I think the setting is turned off.
Is there room there for it Shell?

Ken

Only reason I stay with Verizon and their crappy service is they have an equally crappy but mostly indestructible flip phone.

Nothing will ever be better than the Casio Boulders though they were indestructible, probably why they quit making them.

I am not allowed to wash pants less than 24 hrs after I wear them as I have washed more than a couple of phones to an untimely death!😂

There is a "flip smart phone now"... I have been looking at them as I only want a flip type phone... Front jeans pocket most of the time... cup holder like everyone else... hate it in shirt pocket. But then being a girl shirt pocket is not comfortable.
Okay. Pictures to prove it.

In the 80's I ran a long line trap line all winter. Spent weeks in areas with no human traffic that time of the year. I was single. Nobody had the slightest idea where I was. Even which part of the state I was in. A person learns pretty quickly to pay attention to what you are doing. Some people feel a need to be in constant contact with others. I don't.
Yet you have managed to post here over 10,000 times over the years. Must not mind contact too much.

@Ouachita ..... I don't have the posts to reference... but the Samsung Galaxzy Z flip phone and the Motorola RAZOR both are flip phones that have a non-hinge screen like the" solid " one piece, smart phones.... Cost about 1,000 which to me is high... but I have a small, old motorola flip phone that is sooooo out of date... like a 385 maybe????

And I have only had a cell phone for maybe 10 years at most? My son seemed to think I needed on with all the crazy hours I went out to dairies to test cows after all those years.... and if it didn't fold to go in the jeans pocket, I would never carry it......I ran over mine out in the field with the Farmall H while raking a small, irregular field.... got off, picked it up and got back on and kept on.....

Latest posts