cell phone fire

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
Yesterday a weird thing happened to my brother-in-law. They were out with the skid loader when they got a flat tire. No big deal so they hiked back and got the 4 wheeler and picked up the flat tire to take to town. While in town they stopped in at our mother-in-laws when he discovered he had lost his cell phone. Again no big deal just run out with the tire and find the phone. He must have dropped it where he removed the tire. On the way to his farm he got a call on his wife's phone that his woods was on fire. Result several acres burned and fire traced right back to his cell phone in the grass which had a lithium battery. Lucky the fire went down wind from skid loader and tractor. The fire department feels fire from cell phone that may or may not have been runover damaged etc. farmguy

You could not start a fire in the woods here if you poured a tanker of diesel fuel out. Is it that dry in Minnesota?

I hate charging phones in the house including drill batteries also. My neighbor burnt down his garage charging his drill battery in it. It was cold and the charger didn't kick off probably when the battery was full and it started a fire. He lost everything in it. It was a 20V Craftsman and I read on the net that it was common to happen with those.

Latest posts