Blocking Spam Calls on Cell Phone

Help Support CattleToday:

I did an internship with MBNA (now Bank of America) in Cleveland while I was in college. Part of our internship was telemarketing credit cards. I had a call where several people we're having a conversation about murdering someone. They didn't say "hello" in the beginning it just picked up. It was obvious they knew it was a telemarketer and I stayed on just to listen. They started to laugh as it got more and more ridiculous and I was laughing my rear end off. It was pretty funny. I just told them to have a great day and hung up. That was a horrible job but I actually did pretty decent at it. If you were over a 10% success rate, you were a rock star.

I was hoping someone had a good solution! I really dislike those calls. They are a huge waste of time. If I have time I will report the number to the "do not call list" https://www.donotcall.gov/report.html

Calling to report a number is also a huge waste of time. That was a good idea way back when, but it is an antiquated system now.

Calling to report a number is also a huge waste of time. That was a good idea way back when, but it is an antiquated system now.
I agree with every word. Lots of those people are in the USA but are routing their calls thru different countries which could care less as they know the list don't mean squat. They are also 'spoofing' their numbers and make the digital number that you see on your phone appear like they are within your area code.

A little-known secret about those police fundraisers. They hire an outside company. The caller gets a cut and the owner of the service gets a cut then there are expenses. The Police fund gets about 25% or less.
That happens with alot of fundraiser or donations type stuff if you read the small print. Also places you may think is volunteer or non profit the CEO gets paid something ridiculous. Do the research. I'd rather give straight to homeless or needy than charities collecting supplies, money, or food for them. A lot of times the items, food, ect doesn't get to the people actually needing it. I'm not saying always but definitely some I've seen it many times first hand.

I know that mobile phones have made some things easier, but I sometimes miss the past. I remember the days when the only time a person got a call was when they were at home, which was usually in the evenings when they were near their house phone. If you worked a business, someone took calls for you; a person wasn't tied to answering a phone all the time.

Me too.

Latest posts