Smart cart veeve

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score

What do ya'll think about becoming the cashiers free labor while you shop... check your own groceries and bag them too? 🙄 Makes me want to punch the people that invented the stupid 💩. Knowing one day the time will come we will all be using the stupid things.

I remember having gas station that used to pump your fuel, clean your windows, check your transmission fluid and oil, and tires. Now look at the USA... everybody wanted the quick pay at the pump. The old man or young boy that pumped the fuel wasn't quick enough or couldn't keep up with the big timers. Sad when people support these things.... I see disabled people, elderly, ect. that could really use the old school gas station.

Build one.
I think it was in New Jersey where I pulled into a station for gas during our New England trip in October. Before I got out an attendant was at the window…caught me by surprise. First full service station I have seen in 30 or more years. Looked around and every pump was full service.
Chalked it up to union country. Next stop for gas I noticed the full service sign before I pulled to the pump but they had self service islands as well. Full service is still a thing in some part of the country.

The wife shops at Sam's and scans the item into her phone as she shops. When finished you walk to the door and show the person your phone and out you go. Won't work if you are paying cash but that is never an option anyway with my wife. :censored:

I think it was in New Jersey where I pulled into a station for gas during our New England trip in October. Before I got out an attendant was at the window…caught me by surprise. First full service station I have seen in 30 or more years. Looked around and every pump was full service.
Chalked it up to union country. Next stop for gas I noticed the full service sign before I pulled to the pump but they had self service islands as well. Full service is still a thing in some part of the country.
What was the cost differential on the price at the full service pumps?

It is against the law to pump your own gas in New Jersey, true story. Gas is usually not all that high price wise either comparatively speaking. Makes no sense to me but hey it is Jersey.

It is against the law to pump your own gas in New Jersey, true story. Gas is usually not all that high price wise either comparatively speaking. Makes no sense to me but hey it is Jersey.
There is another state that has the same law.
Oregon. IF, the Oregon county has fewer than 40,000 residents.
Some counties and towns in a few self service states have the same ordinance.

Oh yea I remember that areas of New Jersey, New York, and California.... it's a liability. 😆 would you let some of them folks pump fuel. 🤣😂😝🤡 Town and City folks are trained to not be able to do anything theirself just to pay for everything. Some areas even require permits or licenses for "professionals licensed " people to do any work on cars, houses, ect in certain areas. I can guarantee I know plenty of old school folks with a license that can do better work than a trained licenses "professional " on many things. No offense just saying. It's all about "dat money" everybody wants a cut. 🤢🤮🙄 Makes me want punch a dog in a face (not literally just a saying). I should have been born back in the older days. Old soul mean 🐴.

The wife shops at Sam's and scans the item into her phone as she shops. When finished you walk to the door and show the person your phone and out you go. Won't work if you are paying cash but that is never an option anyway with my wife. :censored:

Hell naw!! They come around trying to get me to do that stupid 💩. I half feel bad for the person asking, I get really pissy about it. I'm like do I work here? Are you going to pay me to scan the items? No and no. Better keep stepping than if they know what's best. I don't want the silly app. Nor, am I scanning jack 💩 I do good to keep up with my children and want me to scan the 💩 and put somebody else struggling out of a job. F that. And f the credit card. I get more than ticked hearing the same stupid spill over can we own you on a credit card. You can be pre approved to sign money and time away before you have it and make it. F that too. I'd rather spend what I have than spend time and money I don't have. A brat I may sound like but I'm not balloring on a loan or credit card. 🙌🏾

Shell, I don't always have a clue what you are saying - but, I am in TOTAL agreement with you on "self-checkouts". I refuse to use them. I tell them - "when you give me a discount to scan my own purchases, I may consider doing it." The charge the same, don't have to PAY a checkout worker. Nope - ain't doing it.

Can't pump your fuel in Oregon last time I was there.
You can't pump it in Portland and most of the valley. It is the law. You can in areas with low population. So most of Eastern Oregon now allows self service. The 7 stations in Baker 5 are self serve, 1 has self and mini service, and one has full service.
Some of those low population areas didn't have enough business to have an employee in late of off hours. So they had to close. As a result they got a law passed to allow self service which allowed people to get gas in the middle of the night.

Don't like self check out, thank the work force of Wal-Mart. The check out people said they needed $15/hr. Wal-Mart said of course you do. Here you need a vacation too. We'll fire 2/3ś of you put in self check outs, and the rest of you can have a raise.

It is easy to kill the 'self service only' at any grocery store. Fill cart (maybe two) Ask for cashier. No?
Ask if they want to hire you to check your own groceries, No!!!!!! Walk out door and they restock,
$258.42 a week ago at WalMart (Took them all of 30 seconds to find a cashier!)

The self checkouts at Walmart and the other big groceries as well as lack of customer service from most other large companies is in my opinion what happens when business entities get so large that they don't have much competition and can do what ever they want.
Even in an area thats not necessarily a small town everything about seems distant and impersonal as far as customer service.
Wife hates the self checkouts, and tries to get someone to check her groceries at the store, sometimes they won't, sometimes they will but act as if its a real burden to them to do it that way.
Same thing with calling any utility company or business. It can literally take hours of being given the run around from one person to another to get anything accomplished and still no guarantee that the person halfway around the country or world will actually do what they are supposed to.
Things are just getting so big and nothing is hardly local anymore.

Latest posts