Smart cart veeve

Help Support CattleToday:

Self check sucks if your buying beer, need someone to verify age. And how in the hell do you scan a potato?? I normally get help because I'm grumbling and they want me out of there.

Wife hates the self checkouts, and tries to get someone to check her groceries at the store, sometimes they won't, sometimes they will but act as if its a real burden to them to do it that way.

I hate that there is no room to stage already scanned and bagged groceries.
I sometimes have to go get a 2nd cart to be able to put the first 4-5 bags in if I have a whole cart full. I try to go to one of the checkouts with a human at it.
So far, H-E-B is still all people and no self-checkouts. Kroger, and Walmart mostly selfcheckouts.

The two grocery stores in town are both have checker. No self check out. It is 50 miles to the nearest Walmart and I never allow my shadow to cross a Walmart doorstep. Interesting how Walmart comes into communities puts the ma and pa places out of business and then goes to self check out so they put the employees out of work.

I sometimes have to go get a 2nd cart to be able to put the first 4-5 bags in if I have a whole cart full. I try to go to one of the checkouts with a human at it.
So far, H-E-B is still all people and no self-checkouts. Kroger, and Walmart mostly selfcheckouts.
Yep, its sure inconvenient when you have very many groceries. Kroger and Walmart are what we have and that's how it is here. Friend of ours was in Walmart a while back and had a lot of groceries, she got aggravated and tried to no avail to get a human to work the checkout then did LVR's idea. Her daughter said she was being a Karen.

I have seen zero evidence, that self checkouts and reduction of human checkout employees saved customers a single penny. That's business I suppose, but it's still 'not a good look'.

We order our groceries online and they stick them in the back of the vehicle when we get there. I don't care to be in the store let alone checking out my groceries myself or standing in line all day for someone else to do it either.

We order our groceries online and they stick them in the back of the vehicle when we get there. I don't care to be in the store let alone checking out my groceries myself or standing in line all day for someone else to do it either.
Can it be too much longer until the customer has the option of getting the retailer to deliver them, put them up in your cabinets and refrigerator too, and even prepare the meals?

I have seen zero evidence, that self checkouts and reduction of human checkout employees saved customers a single penny. That's business I suppose, but it's still 'not a good look'.
I doubt its meant to save the customers any money, just sounds a little more palatable i reckon,
Definitely not a good look, but after the big stores put the competition out of business then looks don't really matter at that point.

Can it be too much longer until the customer has the option of getting the retailer to deliver them, put them up in your cabinets and refrigerator too, and even prepare the meals?

Actually, where my parents live they will deliver them. I don't think they are putting them away for you yet. We can't even get a pizza delivered to us where we live so we are stuck still having to drive and get them.

Silverton idaho is a perfect example of Walmart destroying a community and the small businesses .
No doubt those big stores have done that all across the country. I had a paint store in our down town. No way to compete when Walmart, Lowes, etc can buy products at such a volume discount and sell them cheaper than I could buy them.

Don't look now Ethel..... 🤪 Several of the B/CS stores have had them for a couple years now. HEB is pretty good about speedy checkouts anyway.

I should have stated the nearest H-E-B store doesn't have them yet. It's an older (and smaller) H-E-B, about 3 blocks from Walmart supercenter. The next closest H-E-B is about 20 miles away in Kingwood and has a lot bigger selection of merchandise (groceries).

The only other local option is Brookshire Bros and they are high on prices, crappy meats, and a dirty store to boot. They are 100% human checkouts too.

I remember having gas station that used to pump your fuel, clean your windows, check your transmission fluid and oil, and tires.
I see disabled people, elderly, ect. that could really use the old school gas station.
For about 10 years when Mom was in her 80s she and her friends patronized a local full service gas station, happily paying the higher prices. Unfortunately, none of them drove all that many miles and there weren't enough customers like them, so that gas station ended up going out of business.

For about 10 years when Mom was in her 80s she and her friends patronized a local full service gas station, happily paying the higher prices. Unfortunately, none of them drove all that many miles and there weren't enough customers like them, so that gas station ended up going out of business.
My mother often talked about that she never pumped any gasoline in her life. There were a couple service stations in town that offered full services Dave went to those as long as they were in business. In later years I filled up her car.

My oldest sis calls me every time she needs diesel for her little tractor or gasoline for her lawn tractor. She don't mind pumping it. She just can't pick the full 5 gal cans up and put 'em back in her pickup bed. That has become my job since there is only self service around here. .
Then, I have to ride with her (or drive myself) over to her house and fill the vehicles up as she can't lift the cans to do that either.
I threatened to get her a 55 gal drum and a barrel pump but she don't want that much at one time. Says she might die before she uses it all up...

My oldest sis calls me every time she needs diesel for her little tractor or gasoline for her lawn tractor. She don't mind pumping it. She just can't pick the full 5 gal cans up and put 'em back in her pickup bed. That has become my job since there is only self service around here.
It's nice when even many years later family is still close enough for favors without feeling remorse for asking or resentment for doing.

Latest posts