Why cant we get smart.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
As long as they don't fall into a protected class, as defined by the government, yes. You can't discriminate based on religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, or disability. If you want to discriminate against people for saying saying things on the internet that you find objectionable, go for it. If they don't like it, they can change their behavior. If you refuse to provide service to me at your business because you think I'm a crazy liberal, that's your right.

Oxymoron right there. Of course you're crazy if you're a liberal.

An oxymoron is a set of seemingly contradictory words, so I doubt that's what you meant.
https://literarydevices.net/oxymoron/

I think you might have meant to call "crazy liberal" redundant.

I thought it meant a very clean moron, you know like Oxident. Anyway, I'm open to this discrimination thing you're pushing against people who think differently. This movement has real potential.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Oxymoron right there. Of course you're crazy if you're a liberal.

An oxymoron is a set of seemingly contradictory words, so I doubt that's what you meant.
https://literarydevices.net/oxymoron/

I think you might have meant to call "crazy liberal" redundant.

I thought it meant a very clean moron, you know like Oxident. Anyway, I'm open to this discrimination thing you're pushing against people who think differently. This movement has real potential.

I guess your trying to be funny there,. But really you should stop. ..... sounded like something Joe Biden would say.

Ebenezer said:
Little Joe said:
I went to school in 9th and 10th grade at a school that was 95% black, if you believe whites are the racist ones you should try that school out for a while. I can give numerous examples of racism that I encountered from black students and black teachers, while there were many who were great people and were not racist towards whites the majority were because that was just the culture there. It was also a very violent culture, girls knifing each other in the face with box cutters guns and drugs at school daily, fights. They would also turn off lights in class and lunchroom and throw chairs and books at teachers and whites. And this is not some inner city school I speak of, this is in rural Arkansas, where the majority of the town was black people who were several generation welfare recipients and public housing. Girls in 9th grade had babies and would plan in class how many they would have before graduation and knew how much that make their welfare check, food stamps and how big their government housing would be based on that many kids who they claimed they didn't know who the father was while many times the unemployed gang banging father lived in said housing with them. Government subsidies are not helping them, it just creates a culture that is dependent and they'll all vote Democrat because of it. And they don't even realize it's just another form of slavery.
Don't plan to run for office by telling real life experiences. :eek: I have an idea that the average white marching, burning and pulling down statures in recent times never had this level of exposure. Nor have they seen or experienced the ills of quota, hiring goals, or bias from the unspoken and unpopular side.

I have actually had a local JP trying to get me to run for JP in my area and I'd love to do it one day but as you said it's hard to be in politics and speak the truth, I don't do well at BSing and beating around the bush. I'm the type of person that you don't ask my opinion if you're not ready to hear the truth. People like me end up on the news if your in a political office for not pussyfooting around.

Buck Randall said:
So employers should have the right to discriminate based on beliefs but not skin color. IQ level but not sexual orientation. Make up your mind man is discrimination a problem or not.

I do agree a private business should be allowed to discriminate based on all of these things and if you don't like their stance than don't patronize them. You would find that this would dramatically improve things as people would work harder knowing their position was earned on merit.

We are paying to feed, clothe, care for and educate all that are in our prison system. Even in the day of the chain gang that was a money losing proposition and so to believe that people were then or most particularly are now just picked up for no reason is pure ignorance. Furthermore when there are so many that have succeeded why is it wrong to expect the same of the rest. I as a white male have had that expected of me my entire life. That attitude of reduced expectations and they need help is exactly what is holding them back, not skin color. You sir with your attitude and beliefs are what their problem is. Want to help, quit making excuses, demand respect and improvement from them as a whole and reward only that very response. No more free rides, no more race is the issue excuses.

Buck Randall said:
The protests of the 60's and 70's ended up being a positive for our country, and I'm confident historians will look back on more recent protests similarly.
This post was like going fishing, and I wouldn't expect nothing but the most dumbest response from anyone but you, the crap that happened in the 60s and 70s was the biggest burden on our country, and produced nothing but idiot's, baby boomers cost our country more than any generation has ever had, Vietnam was a war that we got dragged into, it is really sad for our loss in that war, but today we are seeing the true result of the most stupidity that this country has ever seen, cut out police force and make them to be the bad guys, mob rules, and a candidate for president that probably wears diapers and cant complete a sentence, buck you have it figured out for the imbasouls.

haase said:
Buck Randall said:
The protests of the 60's and 70's ended up being a positive for our country, and I'm confident historians will look back on more recent protests similarly.
This post was like going fishing, and I wouldn't expect nothing but the most dumbest response from anyone but you, the crap that happened in the 60s and 70s was the biggest burden on our country, and produced nothing but idiot's, baby boomers cost our country more than any generation has ever had, Vietnam was a war that we got dragged into, it is really sad for our loss in that war, but today we are seeing the true result of the most stupidity that this country has ever seen, cut out police force and make them to be the bad guys, mob rules, and a candidate for president that probably wears diapers and cant complete a sentence, buck you have it figured out for the imbasouls.

Irony is dead.

Irony is dead.
[/quote]

They probably counted old Irony as a Covid-19 death. :) Sorry, could not resist.

simme said:

Irony is dead.

They probably counted old Irony as a Covid-19 death. :) Sorry, could not resist.
[/quote]
Don't tell him that, he might actually think he got something right.

NAACP, BLM, United Negro College Fund, Miss Black America Paegent , Black Entertainment Telvision and Ebony magazine just to name a few. So yes race exclusion is rampant in America and racism is an issue but it doesn't work the way you think. Find me a whites only publicly supported organization. We are not the problem nor do we perpetuate the division.

I live in a community that has a fairly high black population not quite but probably close to a 50/50 split. Much like JMJ stated I have a lot that I really enjoy and respect as friends. A lot are salt of the earth people, a lot are should be removed from this earth people. My opinions and observations are based on daily interactions I have personally not what the media tells me I should believe.

A person removed from the actual bulk of the population and trying to give advice is like politicians protected by capital police, secret service, flown in military planes and living in fenced home trying to tell the average Joe about his need or not for guns in the home. Take it for what is it - the comments of an observer and not a participant.

Ebenezer said:
A person removed from the actual bulk of the population and trying to give advice is like politicians protected by capital police, secret service, flown in military planes and living in fenced home trying to tell the average Joe about his need or not for guns in the home. Take it for what is it - the comments of an observer and not a participant.

Southerners made the same argument when they opposed abolitionists, black suffragists, and anti-segregationists. It's still wrong.

SmokinM said:
NAACP, BLM, United Negro College Fund, Miss Black America Paegent , Black Entertainment Telvision and Ebony magazine just to name a few. So yes race exclusion is rampant in America and racism is an issue but it doesn't work the way you think. Find me a whites only publicly supported organization. We are not the problem nor do we perpetuate the division.

I live in a community that has a fairly high black population not quite but probably close to a 50/50 split. Much like JMJ stated I have a lot that I really enjoy and respect as friends. A lot are salt of the earth people, a lot are should be removed from this earth people. My opinions and observations are based on daily interactions I have personally not what the media tells me I should believe.
White people are welcome to join the NAACP and BLM. Likewise, there is no requirement to be black to receive a scholarship from UNCF. Miss Black America was founded before a black woman had even been a contestant in the Miss America Pageant, and decades before a black woman won it all. I'll concede that it's probably outdated now (like all beauty pageants), but there was a real need at the time it was formed. There's nothing exclusive about BET or Ebony. They welcome white viewers and readers.

Much as you try, you aren't going to convince me that white people are the innocent victims here.

Buck Randall said:
SmokinM said:

White people are welcome to join the NAACP and BLM. Likewise, there is no requirement to be black to receive a scholarship from UNCF. Miss Black America was founded before a black woman had even been a contestant in the Miss America Pageant, and decades before a black woman won it all. I'll concede that it's probably outdated now (like all beauty pageants), but there was a real need at the time it was formed. There's nothing exclusive about BET or Ebony. They welcome white viewers and readers.

Much as you try, you aren't going to convince me that white people are the innocent victims here.

You're right, we don't play the "victim card" very well, not in our DNA.

Buck Randall said:
SmokinM said:

Maybe so Buck, but try changing black to white in the name of any of those organizations. See how that turns out.

callmefence said:
Maybe so Buck, but try changing black to white in the name of any of those organizations. See how that turns out.

It won't turn out well, because we have an ugly history with "pro-white" organizations. The NAACP, BLM, NCSF, etc. would never have been founded if we had racial equality in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts