Rain related, sort of

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
We've all heard the old standbys for a heavy rain, i.e., trash mover, gulley washer, toad strangler. What others are used?

dun

Our place used to be owned by a fellow with the last name Gore (no, not AL). When it comes a really big rain, water rushes out of the pasture and around the house. Makes a good waterfall out by the road. Also makes the hall toilet back up. I guess my husband bought the place when it was dry because the first time it happened his nieghbors asked, "Didn't you know about the Gore River?"

So we have the Gore River here, and when I see it coming I just shut off the water to the hall bathroom and tell everyone not to use it.

Then there's the old standby, turd floater. I don't know the origins of that one but I think it must have something to do with my hall bathroom... :shock:

Raining cats and dogs, hay rotter, pouring buckets, toad strangler, chicken choker (Florida) :lol:

All I can think of right now.

cfpinz

Speaking of heavy rains, anyone remember or read about Hurricane Camille in 1969? It hit our county, Nelson, the hardest of anywhere, I believe. There was a program on the Discovery Channel a few years back. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it seems there was something like a couple hundred people killed in our county. You can still see scars in the mountainsides of the mudslides.

MikeC":26czhg8s said:
"Rained like a tall cow be nice on a flat rock"

Come on Mike, you know the real version was "raining like a double _______ be nice on a flat rock".

It's raining wheelbarrows full.

flaboy-":24aphk3d said:
MikeC":24aphk3d said:

Come on Mike, you know the real version was "raining like a double _______ be nice on a flat rock".

I know, but I couldn't say (unt on here could I? :lol:

MikeC":2mff41k7 said:
flaboy-":2mff41k7 said:
MikeC":2mff41k7 said:

I know, but I couldn't say (unt on here could I? :lol:

No you couldn't and it's a good thing you didn't. :lol:

MikeC":3f7kura4 said:

That one is an oldie but goodie. Flat rocks all over this country. No rain tho A little variation comes occasionally too.

Latest posts