Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Amazing…Off topic but I just found something that is easier to do on a mobile device than it is on a computer.

Taking a screenshot and posting it here.

We have been very lucky and blessed this year. Typical colder than normal then turned hot... some rain but worrying about future. We had some timely rain, not alot. temps up and down like a yoyo. Had to work around showers making hay... not alot of rain but enough to make it too wet to bale and frustrating.
We have had pretty much normal amounts of rain though. We got a stretch of dry and hot. It has been spotty around here though... we would get 1/10 th inch and 20 miles north or south, they would get 1 1/2 inches...
In the past few days we have had over 3 1/2 inches... nothing like some areas south of here... more rain in the forecast for the next 5 days too. You never know what we will get from one field to another that are 1 to 10 miles apart. Looking to get some serious rain here in the next few hours again.
Corn looks fantastic, hayfields were light early, 2nd cutting growth coming on, can't get the wheat combined... should have been done 3 weeks ago but the mills were full and limiting loads, and then it started raining.
I would be glad to send a little south to Texas and other drought stricken areas if I could.

Liable to be more than we want.

ISSUED: 2:39 PM AUG. 21, 2022 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING...

* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...Portions of North and Central Texas including the
following counties Bell, Bosque, Comanche, Coryell, Falls,
Freestone, Hamilton, Hill, Lampasas, Limestone, McLennan, Mills,
Navarro, Anderson, Henderson, Leon, Milam and Robertson.

* WHEN...From Monday morning through Monday evening.

* IMPACTS...Flooding may occur in urban and poor-drainage areas.
Heavy rainfall could also cause flooding of creeks, streams, and
rivers.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Rainfall totals of 2 to 5 inches, with isolated amounts in
excess of 8 inches.

future 24 hr radar

future radar 4pm monday.jpg

Praying you all get the rain you need . We were getting dry for us in June and July. Rain all around but none at our farm . Had grass but creeks had gone dry and ponds were getting low and nasty . Finally got rain first of August.

We didn't get the 15" of rain in Dallas 25 minutes from us....but we did get around a solid 4". Basically green grass is growing and coming back...I believe they will get a second cutting of hay this year for north-central Texas. Ecstatic I am.
@Caustic Bruno ... Heeding part of your advice....I did take 20% of my herd (steer-calves) to the sale barn a day before the rains came just to lighten the feed load over winter.

We didn't get the 15" of rain in Dallas 25 minutes from us....but we did get around a solid 4". Basically green grass is growing and coming back...I believe they will get a second cutting of hay this year for north-central Texas. Ecstatic I am.
@Caustic Bruno ... Heeding part of your advice....I did take 20% of my herd (steer-calves) to the sale barn a day before the rains came just to lighten the feed load over winter.
Glad to hear the good news. Was concerned you were making a raft from those trees you cut!

North side of the place where the cows are hanging out is greener and pretty decent grass coming back. Might have gotten a little rain I don't know about.

Latest posts