Protein Tubs

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT":3q4l3z5f said:
wacocowboy":3q4l3z5f said:
I prefer liquid over the tubs. Only place I like the tubs is in my bull and heifer pasture to hard to get the truck in there to fill up a tank when it's wet.
what does it cost per head for liquid

Last few winters have been so mild haven't needed it so I ain't really sure.

wacocowboy":rij1wgzh said:
I prefer liquid over the tubs. Only place I like the tubs is in my bull and heifer pasture to hard to get the truck in there to fill up a tank when it's wet.

Neighbor used to get the liquid feed, one day had to take my tractor over and pull the truck out.

BRYANT":2obbjjj3 said:
SchenkAngusFarm":2obbjjj3 said:
We use them year around because why not other than price. Our cows don't use them a ton as we have plenty of other sources of good we use but I view it as another tool should they want it.

Also, the deer like them and admittedly I hunt a lot.
I feed very few tubs , mainly feed range meal. I have put the range meal out where I corn feed deer and have not had any luck getting them to eat it. I was hunting in SE Okla. a few years back and came up on one of them feeders that had range meal in it and there was 5 bucks standing there eating it, but for some reason they wont eat it at my place.

I'm not the best deer hunter in the world but I feel like I'm pretty good at both managing a herd and selectively shooting. I've shot over five bucks in above the 150's. The et to drawing deer in is options in my opinion. Unshucked corn draws in does. Bucks will eventually start moving on the does. Buy a can of buck bomb. It's the best $9 you can spend for a lot of reasons.

I've tried about every supplement and corn on the cob is the best in my opinion regardless of what area you are hunting.

As for the tubs, there was a legitimate 180 or 190 class buck on the front of our property. I never hunt there because of the cows. I never got him on trail come or saw him. Just heard about him. I finally saw him twice at the end of the season and he was at the front of our property licking out a tub once and drinking out of a cow pond another time. I have no double he found safety in that area and liked the abundance of sources the cows were enjoying. Never got a shot on him but he deserved to live anyways given that he was smart enough to stick with the cows.

Also, so I don't steal the thread, my cows will use the tubs when needed. Just like with humans, you never know what they really want or feel like they need. We only keep about 100 head so we like to give them every opportunity to thrive. I've never seen a cow hurt by one.

Ky hills":a0p0hibx said:
wacocowboy":a0p0hibx said:

Neighbor used to get the liquid feed, one day had to take my tractor over and pull the truck out.

Yeah that's why I have mine on a pad that the truck can get to from the road.

Latest posts