Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

That's like wondering; If I speak out loud and my wife isn't there to hear me, am I still wrong?
I know that feeling all to well. My ex wife used to tell about all the money she saved because something was on sale. I would always ask, did you need it, and most of the time it was no. I would then tell her it was not on sale for you. She never could understand the concept. Out in the shed I have a pair of muds that she bought, they were cheap she said, but there was no one in the family that had a foot that big. I think they are a 12 or 13; I wear a 10 1/2. I still not sure how she saved us any money on that one.

I know that feeling all to well. My ex wife used to tell about all the money she saved because something was on sale. I would always ask, did you need it, and most of the time it was no. I would then tell her it was not on sale for you. She never could understand the concept. Out in the shed I have a pair of muds that she bought, they were cheap she said, but there was no one in the family that had a foot that big. I think they are a 12 or 13; I wear a 10 1/2. I still not sure how she saved us any money on that one.

So........ you got rid of her and kept the boots?
Now that's funny right there!

So........ you got rid of her and kept the boots?
Now that's funny right there!
Ya, still got those boots somewhere, along with some Christmas presents she bought for her family that they never got; I guess she never got around to delivering them. They are still in the Christmas wrapping; I have no clue what they are. I guess I will unwrap them and put them in next summers yard sale along with the boots.

When I was a small child and looked at a map, all the states were different colors. The first time I went from Tennessee to Arkansas and crossed the border, the color did not change. It was very upsetting to me. It was all a lie.
You needed to continue west. After you get west of Hot Springs everything changes color, often. Rand McNally can't keep up.

You needed to continue west. After you get west of Hot Springs everything changes color, often. Rand McNally can't keep up.
The ignorance of a child, and taking it at face value leaves many children with much disappointment. Like the Peach Nehi metal sign on the side of the old country store we would go in. I could taste that nice peach flavor and knew better than to ask for one. I was given a quarter one day, to get what I wanted one day and couldn't wait to grab that Peach Nehi. Got a twinkie too. OOOhhhh! That first sip was so good. Then the following sips, the sugar content was so overwhelming, you couldn't drink it. I held on to the bottle and said I was saving it. I never finished the bottle, but don't remember what I did with it. Grape Nehi's were much better. This was around 1966.

Good quality weiners are hard to come by.

Looking like Oscar Mayer or Nathan's tonight

Bought some Private Selection JUMBO premium All Beef Hot Dogs at Dillons (owned by Kroger). Oh, and with natural hardwood smoke. As opposed to unnatural hardwood smoke? I dunno. Mr TC is all set to try 'em out but may be back to Nathan's if they're a fail.

Bought some Private Selection JUMBO premium All Beef Hot Dogs at Dillons (owned by Kroger). Oh, and with natural hardwood smoke. As opposed to unnatural hardwood smoke? I dunno. Mr TC is all set to try 'em out but may be back to Nathan's if they're a fail.
I once loved designer hot dogs, but something changed and I haven't had a decent one for ages. They all taste like they have chemicals in them lately. (thirty yearsish) The same with link sausage when they quit putting them in a casing and just started pressing them through a form. They were much better when you bit into one and the casing ruptured and the juice exploded in your mouth.

I once loved designer hot dogs, but something changed and I haven't had a decent one for ages. They all taste like they have chemicals in them lately. (thirty yearsish) The same with link sausage when they quit putting them in a casing and just started pressing them through a form. They were much better when you bit into one and the casing ruptured and the juice exploded in your mouth.
I get my hot dogs, and sausages at a meat shop about 2 hours away, I can't drive by it without stopping. Owen's Meats "the candy store for the carnivore", I'll load up on smoked ham hocks, slab bacon etc. Nice snappy casings on the dogs, the mild German might be my favorite. I took my first deer there 50 years ago.

Latest posts