Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

View attachment 39506
11" of wet snow on Tuesday, 7.5" of snow overnight, rain and snow today.
Luckily only had one calf pinned under a rafter. We scooped the snow off and pulled the tin up. We were able to wiggle him out and he stood up, caught his breath and just walked away to find his momma.
This is the building we just put the new north wall on.
Was thinking of this picture and wondering how you were making out with maybe getting it cleaned up and rebuilt? That was a real b#@ch for you after just putting in the new wall...

Was thinking of this picture and wondering how you were making out with maybe getting it cleaned up and rebuilt? That was a real b#@ch for you after just putting in the new wall...
Yeah, the insurance adjuster was out and totaled the building.
The west door where the roof fell is the only way to get in there with a skid steer or tractor. Haven't been able to get it cleared yet so the 65 fall pairs haven't got bedded. But their surviving.

Dad rode for the Grieves ranch, but he did rep at the Bug ranch owned by Ben Roberts. Dad talks about brand for the Bug was a B reverse B, and it looked like a great big bug. The story is that Ben hated sheep, and a neighbor had sheep; the only way for him to get rid of them was to buy guy out. In those days out on the sweetwater several ranchers ran in common. Dad road between Wamsutter Wyoming to Shoshoni Wyoming. Those Charles Russel painting showing cowboys working three herds, well dad got to do that. The would sort those cows back and forth between the herds before heading off in whatever direction they were to go. Dad also talks about when they would wean calves they would do that out in the open. One group of cowboys would take the cows one direction and the other group the calves. They they would go hell bent for leather, as fast as those little buggers could run.

Greives had a big German Shepperd that would catch each new guy between the outhouse and the bunk house. Dad said he didn't know what to do, so he just stood there and the dog put his paws and dads shoulders and licked his face real well.

Of all those guys that dad rode back in the 50's he is the only one left. He said that those guys could really drink, and that he had to get out of there because he was getting to like the booze. Once they were all at the bar drinking and ole Ben bought a round, there happened to be a guy come in for directions. Ben told this guy everyone drinks, he drank his drink, and got out of there.

First picture of a live animal. This picture of a cow photographed by French photographer, Joseph-Philibert Girault de Prangey at a cattle market in Rome, 1842 is believed to be the oldest first picture of a living animal.

main-qimg-0aa93fe6ad9f283bd44a51f2edd2f085-lq

What do they need that for? I can't imagine it would be for a routine castration but then it would be an extra few dollars for the vet. It's all about maximising the turn over these days and I bet that company Covetrus whose name is on the collar would behind the push to use one on every minor surgery.

Ken
I think u might be right!

Tho I hear they use a glue now instead of a stitches. That's how they getcha!

What do they need that for? I can't imagine it would be for a routine castration but then it would be an extra few dollars for the vet. It's all about maximising the turn over these days and I bet that company Covetrus whose name is on the collar would behind the push to use one on every minor surgery.

Ken
Yeah those things mess with my peripheral vision.
Don't bark while wearing one of those. Trust me.

Ken
So they don't lick the incision. I'm supposed to keep them on semi bed rest and out of the water for 2 weeks. Good luck with that! The cones weren't itemized on the statement but total cost was $649.06 plus $227.22 for a box (6 doses) of Nexgard PLUS. Precisely why most vets go into small animal practice. $$$$$$

So they don't lick the incision. I'm supposed to keep them on semi bed rest and out of the water for 2 weeks. Good luck with that! The cones weren't itemized on the statement but total cost was $649.06 plus $227.22 for a box (6 doses) of Nexgard PLUS. Precisely why most vets go into small animal practice. $$$$$$
We had the same thing done to our dog this summer. He is an outside dog with lots of energy. They said to wear a cone and limit his exercise for 10 days and not to go steps. I put him in the kennel for one day and realized it was just making him go crazy so I let him out. He ran around and did what he wanted since.

Latest posts