Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

So they don't lick the incision. I'm supposed to keep them on semi bed rest and out of the water for 2 weeks. Good luck with that! The cones weren't itemized on the statement but total cost was $649.06 plus $227.22 for a box (6 doses) of Nexgard PLUS. Precisely why most vets go into small animal practice. $$$$$$
Guy at work just had his FERRET looked at in town. Old old ferret.

They hit him 250 bucks for an office visit.
I told him I'd take care of his ferret for him. They'll hit him another 200 to put it down I imagine.

So they don't lick the incision. I'm supposed to keep them on semi bed rest and out of the water for 2 weeks. Good luck with that! The cones weren't itemized on the statement but total cost was $649.06 plus $227.22 for a box (6 doses) of Nexgard PLUS. Precisely why most vets go into small animal practice. $$$$$$
I've got some little green rubber donuts that come in plastic bags of a hundred...

Just sayin'...

Seriously... that's crazy expensive. Any animal I've ever had has had a limit on what I would spend on them. A lot of them were $50 dogs and cats a lot less. I've had some exceptions that went into the hundreds, but never have I had an animal I would spend more than it was worth to me to take it to the vet. Maybe they knew it because I've had very few animals need a vet.

For that kind of money I could put up with a lot of hairy eye-ball and you could always train them about their appropriate behavior...

Uh those bills of yours don't even make me flinch. Lol. Bailey had a major knee surgery on one knee and then tore her meniscus on that same knee a few weeks later and it had to be fixed. Then a year later had to have major knee surgery on the opposite side. Bills were in the thousands…

Then a few years later she got an infiltrative lipoma that was extremely aggressive on her front leg. She was going to have to be treated with radiation and it was every week for a month and 2 hours away and it was going to cost 10k. I was looking for an airbnb to rent for a month.

The lipoma was removed for testing and in the time it took to heal it was already coming back and so because it was so aggressive the best option was to remove her leg so we did. Couple thousand for that…

I thought she was the most expensive family member until last year when our twins were born and put into the NICU for 3 weeks…..😳

Now, our cat never has nothing wrong with him so that is where we get our savings I guess. 🤣

I don't regret spending any of the money though, dog or kids.

I've got some little green rubber donuts that come in plastic bags of a hundred...

Just sayin'...
I was talking to some college girls about an internship they did at a vet clinic. They said their first case was a blue tick that someone tried to band. . . Except they didn't have any green bands they had tried to use a girl's hair tie! 🤣
They said it was necrotic and stunk to high heaven!

I was talking to some college girls about an internship they did at a vet clinic. They said their first case was a blue tick that someone tried to band. . . Except they didn't have any green bands they had tried to use a girl's hair tie! 🤣
They said it was necrotic and stunk to high heaven!
Yeah, I ran out of bands once when I was docking lambs tails and did the last one with rubber bands. It did not go well.

But if you can band a calf with castrating bands, why not a dog?

Yeah, I ran out of bands once when I was docking lambs tails and did the last one with rubber bands. It did not go well.

But if you can band a calf with castrating bands, why not a dog?
Oh I'm sure you can.
Those little green bands work really well on the neighbors tom cats!

We had the same thing done to our dog this summer. He is an outside dog with lots of energy. They said to wear a cone and limit his exercise for 10 days and not to go steps. I put him in the kennel for one day and realized it was just making him go crazy so I let him out. He ran around and did what he wanted since.
This! Festus made himself physically sick, he was so stressed & freaked out about wearing the cone. And I know it wasn't residual effects of the anesthesia or surgery. As soon as I took off the cone, he simmered down and has been fine ever since. Plan B: I used extra-large neck pillows from Mr TC's lumbar laminectomy. They snap in the back, aren't heavy, and still make it difficult (but not impossible) to lick the sutures. I'll just keep an eye on them and make sure nothing looks infected and the sutures are intact. These pups spend half their time playing outside; keeping them in for 2 weeks probably won't happen.

Seriously... that's crazy expensive. Any animal I've ever had has had a limit on what I would spend on them. A lot of them were $50 dogs and cats a lot less. I've had some exceptions that went into the hundreds, but never have I had an animal I would spend more than it was worth to me to take it to the vet. Maybe they knew it because I've had very few animals need a vet.

For that kind of money I could put up with a lot of hairy eye-ball and you could always train them about their appropriate behavior...
My dogs are my kids. Maybe because I didn't have any? I just spent an additional $200 at Tractor Supply on new dog blankets and toys were buy 1, get one half off. Okay, the pork chews are crazy expensive, but I don't give them rawhide and make sure their treats are made in the USA, so . . . .

Train them about appropriate behavior? They're the equivalent of 13-year-old boys. There will be jizz, even in their dreams. And I was soooo over cleaning it off my hardwood floors. So gross!! It's all about priorities and they are one of mine.

Latest posts