Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Notice it says they are on relief but won't admit it. Not so long ago it was a shame to get welfare and foodstamps. I can remember it well. Even though they needed it. I remember people working on the farms for $3 a day plus an old house to live in. But wouldn't ask for assistance. Different world now.
The state park I manage was built by the CCC. Lots of those 18-24 year old young men were somewhat resentful of having to work in a government program according to some historical documentation. Unfortunately, independence isn't valued as much as it once was.

When I was in school, we had metal monkey bars, merry go around, large metal slide, large metal swing set, etc. Now it is a playground with plastic small toys and ground up rubber tires as padding. I can't see a lot of fun. Nothing like getting throwed off the merry go around going what seemed like a 100 mph. We would see who could be the last one on cause after you got throwed off you helped make it spin even faster.

Last edited:
I dread hooking up some equipment to the tractor. Imagine getting this plow ready. Those mules look to be in good shape. Wonder what they wormed with back then?

The state park I manage was built by the CCC. Lots of those 18-24 year old young men were somewhat resentful of having to work in a government program according to some historical documentation. Unfortunately, independence isn't valued as much as it once was.
There were lots of men here that worked CCC. Civilian Conservation Corp.
They built fire trails, planted trees, built fire towers, and your park. Anything that was considered Conservation of our natural resources. I would love to see it used today.

I dread hooking up some equipment to the tractor. Imagine getting this plow ready. Those mules look to be in good shape. Wonder what they wormed with back then?

My Dad grew up on a farm in the mts. of WV. His grandaddy used plow horses. He said they wormed everything with chewing tobacco. Was what my dad used growing up on our horses. He had a palomino mare that would run you down for a pouch of Levi Garret. Would give her the whole pouch if he was "treating" her but she would hit him up for a chew any time he was in the field.😀

Latest posts