Post a pic of your bull

Help Support CattleToday:

He's not mine but my heifer has a biscuit in the oven from him.
JXSpringCreekMarloStoney{3}ETRSID2023_Medium.jpg324253022_1035618644066118_4917369576234877672_n.jpg

Notice the tightness of the family jewels and lack of sheathyness. This is where daughters get those good high udders and strong suspensory ligaments.

97244259_2974077125962681_2699103778342174720_n.jpg

And you call that LUCKY??
Edit: My bad, couldn't help myself. Why chase marbling and sacrifice muscling? This animal has NO MUSCLE.
When you cross them with our cattle you get cuts like this and the flavor is spectacular. This bull lives on hay and pasture he gets nothing special, BUT, put him in front of a feed bucket and they balloon out. They aren't regular pasture stock, you have to feed them to make them fill out. Mix him with a beef breed, the outcome is worth the price. Thats coming from someone who has only eaten grass fed. Grass fed fad, that's the scam…1711893678224.jpeg

I have some Wagyu semen in the tank that a guy wanted us to raise him a Wagyu to butcher but then his interest fell apart and I am glad that the one cow I bred did not settle at the time. Maybe time to try it on a couple just to see... but I have always eaten jersey and jersey x beef and like it real well ... pasture/grass raised and plenty of marbling... good tender beef... I feed only a little grain towards the end to just keep them coming in the catch pen so when time to get them up they are wanting in the pen... might feed a 5 gallon bucket to 10-15 head so they are getting maybe 1 lb of grain every day or 2....
I like pretty lean beef so not sure how much I would like the wagyu heavier marbling... but I am willing to try some.... I've always like my meat rare and very lean....

When you cross them with our cattle you get cuts like this and the flavor is spectacular. This bull lives on hay and pasture he gets nothing special, BUT, put him in front of a feed bucket and they balloon out. They aren't regular pasture stock, you have to feed them to make them fill out. Mix him with a beef breed, the outcome is worth the price. Thats coming from someone who has only eaten grass fed. Grass fed fad, that's the scam…View attachment 42978
50% pre-ground? Lower protein content?

When you cross them with our cattle you get cuts like this and the flavor is spectacular. This bull lives on hay and pasture he gets nothing special, BUT, put him in front of a feed bucket and they balloon out. They aren't regular pasture stock, you have to feed them to make them fill out. Mix him with a beef breed, the outcome is worth the price. Thats coming from someone who has only eaten grass fed. Grass fed fad, that's the scam…View attachment 42978
Way too much white meat for my likings. It's the latest fad. Go for it. You lose a lot of red meat in your carcasses.

Was only luck that we got our hands on 2 of these.
View attachment 42946
I dehorned a three year old Wagyu for a neighbor yesterday. My offer to band him at the same time was declined.
As Jeanne said, I prefer a bit of marbling but not what these produce. I am thinking they are the latest fad that will soon be overproduced and the premiums will disappear.

I dehorned a three year old Wagyu for a neighbor yesterday. My offer to band him at the same time was declined.
As Jeanne said, I prefer a bit of marbling but not what these produce. I am thinking they are the latest fad that will soon be overproduced and the premiums will disappear.
We had these guys dehorned and it took half their head.lol

I would have to use AI.... couldn't stand to look out in the pasture and see a wagyu bull.

However, I wouldn't mind trying it on one cow and putting the resulting calf in my freezer.
They are really ugly standing next to a standard bull. lol. I was skeptical that the flavor would be enough different to matter. But it does. It's why you see people pay more for it. I got a ton of burger and tried some thinking they'd shrink down to nothing. The fat is different. Not only did i have hardly any fat melt out, the patties did not shrink. I made some meatballs, and holy smokes they were good. The steaks we ate were fork tender. You can literally cut it with a fork. It would be a shame to marinate it, salt and pepper is all it needs.. we originally got these guys to use on heifers, but this may we may select certain cows to put with them.

Latest posts