Poll- should the U.S. bring back the military draft?

Help Support CattleToday:

Should the U.S. bring back the draft?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
I don't believe a military draft is needed. However, I would prefer to see something like the Israeli model. 2 years mandatory service. 6 month rotations after basic training to include levels of foreign and domestic defense as well as something like national parks and infrastructure maintenance. I believe it would instill a sense of ownership and dedication in the country.

I also must disagree with those who feel our wars are all political BS. I really have no problem with us taking out people like Saddam and the Taliban. I wish it had not taken an attack by the Japanese for us to do something about Hitler. The atrocities that we allowed to be committed by Hitler in Europe and by Imperial Japan in China are something that I consider to be a stain on this Nations collective soul.
And there have been others since that time as well. We do have an OBLIGATION to protect and come to the defense of our friends and neighbors. I don't see them as just nameless, faceless, poor people on the other side of the world. :2cents:

Personally, I am tired of some young men hiding in Colleges to avoid serving their Country while the middle class and poor boys lay their butts on the line for them. All able bodied MEN should be required to serve regardless of who they are.

kerley":chpizisf said:
Personally, I am tired of some young men hiding in Colleges to avoid serving their Country while the middle class and poor boys lay their butts on the line for them. All able bodied MEN should be required to serve regardless of who they are.
Kerley noone is hiding. It's voluntary !!!!! NO need to hide anymore or run off to Canada. But if the reinstitute the draft just do like Bill Clinton. Ignore the order to report. !!!!!!!!