Out of Curiosity

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
From what you can see, which one of these girls do you like the best.

creami4579.jpg

dextor_mocha4888.jpg

muski5093.jpg

gidget20anet5085.jpg

1 and 4 have my vote. Of those 2 I think 4 is the better. But I'd take any of the group

They are all good enough for me. One of them stands a little odd, and may or may not have a foot or leg issue, or just stands a little odd and is fine. Brangus? They should cross well with your grey bull...

Personal preferance is #2. A cow that size can hold up chugging up and down the mountain well for me without falling apart. Once she get's a little older she carry a little more weight and look a little more filled out. I'd like to see #1 when she's got a calf with her before I compare her to the others. Hard to say how tall she is from the picture but #4 looks like a good old fashioned broody angus cow and if that's the case then I like her alot.

I've already looked at all of them in person and out of the 30 I looked at these shined for me. I have to consider large BW's because of the breed of my bull, so that's one of the reasons #4 is included. They all have heifer calves 2-3 months old on them and they are all holding together really well.

You didn't tell us you were buying cows, I thought these were yours...
That's a good starter bunch if you can get them bought right. Especially with heifer calves at side as the potential for growth is built into the deal. What are they bred like? What are the calves bred like?

I'll bethe odd man out. I like 3 but she seems to be standing a bit stretched out. Beautiful udder and long body..looks to have some age... .....No. 1 is already developing a poor looking udder, 4 is probably a good cow but looks more like a hippo. Just my 2 cents worth.

I pretty much figured that the regulars knew I was a Piedmontese guy, CP. I don't know any background information on the Angus breed, so pedigree information just about means nothing to me. I'm not getting into the Angus biz, either. I'm buying one pair and that's for crossing the cow with my bull. I will decide what I'll do with the heifer as she develops. I was only wanting opinions to check myself out and keep me straight. (Wished I could keep the links active, but the C&P kills them.)

#1's heifer is a WHS Limelight 64V daughter. The cow's reg # 16276178 .

#2's heifer is a Vermilion Nebraska M404 daughter. The cow's reg # 16589602 .

#3's heifer is a WHS Limelight 64V daughter. The cow's reg # 15970381 .

#4's heifer is a Truitts Mandan Dan TessiBxtr daughter. The cow's reg # 15648657 .

TexasBred":18dk0bfe said:
I'll bethe odd man out. I like 3 but she seems to be standing a bit stretched out. Beautiful udder and long body..looks to have some age... .....No. 1 is already developing a poor looking udder, 4 is probably a good cow but looks more like a hippo. Just my 2 cents worth.

#3 is almost 4,TB. Your input is appreciated.

All good looking girls. I really like #2 & #3. That #3 is a good looking cow to be coming 4.

fitz

angusdave63":27ayrs1l said:
nice group, if it were me i would buy all 4 if the price was right.

I can't say I'm getting any deals. They are running from 2800-3100, but right now they ain't getting any cheaper. Sure would appreciate your opinion on your top picks of the group.

Thanks Fitz. Your opinion helps.

Caustic Burno":385dwx2p said:
Am I missing something here, I have paid that much for cattle but not to put in a crossbreeding system.
You are trying to make F-1's right?

Yes, but with these I have options.

Ok I am dense never in my life have I run to anyone looking for a Pied/Angus F-1. Not saying it's bad wrong or indifferent or it is not popular somewhere else.
If you don't mind what are you targeting for. Educate an old man if you don't mind.

Good looking angus. I really like #3. The price seems pretty high, but all registered angus cows will be priced high in todays market.

Latest posts