Opinions on pickups

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who pulled a single wide mobile home with his F450 SuperDuty with a 460 5 speed. I also have another friend who pulled one with an old 1970ish Ford with a 360 4 speed. It is actually surprising what you can do with a truck. Remember the old Chevy commercials in Progressive Farmeer? They pictured a half ton Chevy six cylinder towing with a chain a coal truck many times its size. On flat ground of course. The fine print said not to abuse your truck in this manner.

greenwillowherefords":1hmk1tr6 said:
I have a friend who pulled a single wide mobile home with his F450 SuperDuty with a 460 5 speed. I also have another friend who pulled one with an old 1970ish Ford with a 360 4 speed. It is actually surprising what you can do with a truck. .

Greenwillow....Maybe you need to get a powerstroke diesel like Denny has, then your friend could pull the whole subdivison :?: .

frenchie":1ovlleo4 said:
greenwillowherefords":1ovlleo4 said:
I have a friend who pulled a single wide mobile home with his F450 SuperDuty with a 460 5 speed. I also have another friend who pulled one with an old 1970ish Ford with a 360 4 speed. It is actually surprising what you can do with a truck. .

Greenwillow....Maybe you need to get a powerstroke diesel like Denny has, then your friend could pull the whole subdivison :?: .

Well there ice hole maybe you should get a Ford Than you would'nt have to lie about Mpg to cover up for your lack of power.And as a matter of fact I had an 87 ford f350 460 automatic and I moved a 12X60 Mobile Home 15 miles with it.Pulled just fine but the weight bent the bumper.you sure are a bitter baby Whenchie :cry: :p ;-) O.K.EH

DD RANCH":3di3uuot said:
And as a matter of fact I had an 87 ford f350 460 automatic and I moved a 12X60 Mobile Home 15 miles with it.Pulled just fine but the weight bent the bumper.

That still doesn't amaze me as much as you pulling 40,000# of steel with a truck plus the trailor weight. You were getting in the semi range huh?

Wewild":2rk6jibu said:
DD RANCH":2rk6jibu said:
And as a matter of fact I had an 87 ford f350 460 automatic and I moved a 12X60 Mobile Home 15 miles with it.Pulled just fine but the weight bent the bumper.

That still doesn't amaze me as much as you pulling 40,000# of steel with a truck plus the trailor weight. You were getting in the semi range huh?

The Total weight Truck Trailer and scrap iron was 40,000 not 40,000 plus.The Truck weighs around 9500#s Trailer weighs 6500#s that leaves 24000#or 12 ton.18 balesx1200#s21,600#s.

DD RANCH":18rdixw0 said:
The Total weight Truck Trailer and scrap iron was 40,000 not 40,000 plus.The Truck weighs around 9500#s Trailer weighs 6500#s that leaves 24000#or 12 ton.18 balesx1200#s21,600#s.

I read it like you had a load of scrap iron at 40,000#. Put you on my bs alert immediatly. Good to know I can put you on amber.

DD RANCH":18rdixw0 said:
I have rolled across scales with loads of scrap iron at over40,000#s and that truck has a power stroke diesel.

If your driving very far your gonna get sick of that 460 very quick. The 350 will get much better fuel millage and is far more durable. I'm a used truck dealer by day and I make money off all makes, but chevys have always had the highest resale. The only exception is the diesels prior to the duramax. I've had good trucks of all makes as well as bad ones and in your case I'd consider the fuel milage and the one in the best mechanical shape. Best of luck!

DD RANCH":13atp1os said:
frenchie":13atp1os said:
greenwillowherefords":13atp1os said:

Well there ice hole maybe you should get a Ford Than you would'nt have to lie about Mpg to cover up for your lack of power.And as a matter of fact I had an 87 ford f350 460 automatic and I moved a 12X60 Mobile Home 15 miles with it.Pulled just fine but the weight bent the bumper.you sure are a bitter baby Whenchie :cry: :p ;-) O.K.EH

Thats Ok Denny.. live in your dream world .........there is no way in h*ll that you pulled 40,000 lbs of steel across a scale..The only load you pulled is the one your spreading here.

frenchie":3vfoi2vd said:
DD RANCH":3vfoi2vd said:
frenchie":3vfoi2vd said:
greenwillowherefords":3vfoi2vd said:

Thats Ok Denny.. live in your dream world .........there is no way in h*ll that you pulled 40,000 lbs of steel across a scale..The only load you pulled is the one your spreading here.

Thats ok R-CALF MEMBER it was 40,000#s total,truck 9500#s, trailer 6500#, scrap iron 24000#s, or 12 ton for a grand total of 40,000#s you really are a dumb CANUCK EH

DD RANCH":1tvsabil said:
Thats ok R-CALF MEMBER it was 40,000#s total,truck 9500#s, trailer 6500#, scrap iron 24000#s, or 12 ton for a grand total of 40,000#s you really are a dumb CANUCK EH

This is got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while and I speck it's going to get funnier.

But I'll have to read it tomorrow.

DD RANCH":2r7mfw43 said:
frenchie":2r7mfw43 said:
frenchie":2r7mfw43 said:
greenwillowherefords":2r7mfw43 said:

ANYONE KNOW If DD RANCH STANDS FOR DUMB AND DUMBER

YOU WANT TO SEE DUMD ..HERE IT IS .DD RANCH WENT BACK AND EDITED HIS POST NOTE THE TIME OF THE EDIT.

Last edited by DD RANCH on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

THATS IT DENNY KEEP BACKTPEDDLING...YOU ARE SO PATHETIC NICE TRY THOUGH.MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO GET THAT MASSEY TO GET YOU OUT OF THE HOLE YOU ARE IN.

[You wish I have a 32 flatbed and a 8x28 stock trailer.I have rolled across scales with loads of scrap iron at over40,000#s total weight truck trailer and load. That truck has a power stroke diesel..
It was purchased to deliver New Trailers I build and we double hook them.My flatbed holds 18 5x5 round bales and I load them if the field.Unlike you my truck is not a shrine it gets used and used hard

Last edited by DD RANCH on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wewild":21o8fxu7 said:
DD RANCH":21o8fxu7 said:

This is got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while and I speck it's going to get funnier.

But I'll have to read it tomorrow.

:lol: Wewild stick around hes not the sharpest knife in the drawer ;-)

hey now, a butterknife is actually more dangerous b/c everyone is careless with them.

Well French Fry If you could read I wouldnt have to spell everything in crayon so the dumb canucks could read it.

DD RANCH":2fgja319 said:
Well French Fry If you could read I wouldnt have to spell everything in crayon so the dumb canucks could read it.

You mean if you could edit without anyone noticing.

.You pulled 40,000lbs allright of pure horsesh!t.

DD RANCH":1mzlcsg6 said:
Thats ok R-CALF MEMBER .... you really are a dumb CANUCK EH

Say it ain't so frenchie. Are you a in the closet card toting evil
R-calfer? Ain't it hard to look at the card in the dark?

frenchie":34bnvb2o said:
Wewild":34bnvb2o said:
DD RANCH":34bnvb2o said:

Say it ain't so frenchie.

I think he forgot his sign.. :lol:

I'm sure he's got it. Maybe he could post a picture of it and you could read it to him. Seems he don't read to well.

Wewild":3bfdaeas said:
frenchie":3bfdaeas said:
Wewild":3bfdaeas said:
DD RANCH":3bfdaeas said:

I'm sure he's got it. Maybe he could post a picture of it and you could read it to him. Seems he don't read to well.

Bet you the sign says...I,m with stupid

frenchie":mb2cz9pn said:
Wewild":mb2cz9pn said:
frenchie":mb2cz9pn said:
Wewild":mb2cz9pn said:
DD RANCH":mb2cz9pn said:

Bet you the sign says...I,m with stupid

It would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts