Opinions on pickups

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly if you are going to do serious towing on a regular basis, the heavy duties are the way to go. I'm not arguing that. I was just addressing the discussion about the 300 inline six cylinder versus the 302 V8. You will find more 300 sixes in 3/4 ton pickups than you will 302's. The 300 was a base option for years in the 3/4 and even duallies. We can argue this until the cows come home, but not only is the 300 a better torque motor than the 302 in my experience, but I have read more than once the statements of experts that the inline six cylinder is the ideal design for optimum torque. The old timers have told me that in the days that the V8 first became available in trucks, that the V8's would run off and leave the six cylinder trucks on the flat, but the sixes would catch them in the hills. I think that you will be surprised at the percentage of inline engines in diesel semi tractors. Do you suppose there is a reason? How did the Cummins compete very well against the Ford and GM diesels while it was smaller in displacement for years? It is the inline design.

greenwillowherefords":1w2srrkc said:
I think that you will be surprised at the percentage of inline engines in diesel semi tractors. Do you suppose there is a reason? How did the Cummins compete very well against the Ford and GM diesels while it was smaller in displacement for years? It is the inline design.

I don't think I would be surprised at all. Your argument is academic. I never argued anything you are questioning in this post. I haven't in anyway disparaged the reputation of the inline 6 300 and we haven't been talking about diesels.

How about your previous post about the difference in American made vs. Canadian made gas hogs?

P.S. It was just a thought anyway. Please don't expect me to believe that no Ford truck in recent years has been good.

BTW, congrats on the GM 2500-3500 series trucks winning the latest customer satisfaction/quality survey. The Ford F150 won its class as well.

greenwillowherefords":mmly6gi8 said:
Just because the Ford assembly plant in the area was sorry doesn't mean the GM plant was.

That don't hold water.

You don't get that this is all people's very deep rooted partisan opinions. Of which you may be the champ.

Another way of looking at opinions on bad or good vehicles is to think of the phrase sheep dipping.

Wewild":1h26hc7h said:
greenwillowherefords":1h26hc7h said:
Just because the Ford assembly plant in the area was sorry doesn't mean the GM plant was.

That don't hold water.

You don't get that this is all people's very deep rooted partisan opinions. Of which you may be the champ.

Another way of looking at opinions on bad or good vehicles is to think of the phrase sheep dipping.

Of course I know these are opinions. Yes I have always been pretty opinionated. I think you are perceiving me to be more wrought up by this discussion than I am, however.

I've no quarrel with you Wewild. I feel no animosity for you because you drive a GM truck. This is a free country, and I'd much rather see you driving a Chevy than a Toyota or Nissan to be honest. I'm also proud that our top two American brands won their classes in the quality survey. The F150 was competing against not only GMC/Chevy and Dodge, but Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan.

greenwillowherefords":1b6yy84w said:
P.S. It was just a thought anyway. Please don't expect me to believe that no Ford truck in recent years has been good.

BTW, congrats on the GM 2500-3500 series trucks winning the latest customer satisfaction/quality survey. The Ford F150 won its class as well.

Did I ever say ford didn't make a good truck? Show me.

We got a great ford and chevy. We have had bad fords and chevys in the past.

greenwillowherefords":swwi6y6c said:
I've no quarrel with you Wewild. I feel no animosity for you because you drive a GM truck.

I drive both.

greenwillowherefords":22b0x3oj said:

As long as you don,t expect us to believe all Ford trucks have great in recent years ;-)

frenchie":6s65k8m3 said:
G.W..I've owned two 460's. One got 9, one got up to 14-15 on the highway. It had a 3:55 rear end. It gets 6-7 towing a twenty foot trailer that has 8.5 ft inside height, loaded with cabinetry. I didn't say they were cheap on fuel. Do you really think that a 350 that is loaded to the hilt is going to do better than 8 or 9?

BTW, the old 454 could drink just as thirsty as the 460. My Dad had one. 5-6 mpg towing

Hey I had quite a few 350,s .One in particular was absolutely the best truck I ever owned.And was a better truck then the fords with the 460,s. Not only would it pull the balls off a rhino .It got almost 30 miles to the gallon

Your so full of it no way it got 30 mpg in your dreams.A 460 isnt purchased for fuel economy its for POWER No Subsitute for power.

000_0001.jpg

Catholic Ranch Truck..

why dont u guys just get over it and go with a dodge haha lol it coudl sovle your problems esaily

DD RANCH":3nh2lh8x said:
frenchie":3nh2lh8x said:
G.W..I've owned two 460's. One got 9, one got up to 14-15 on the highway. It had a 3:55 rear end. It gets 6-7 towing a twenty foot trailer that has 8.5 ft inside height, loaded with cabinetry. I didn't say they were cheap on fuel. Do you really think that a 350 that is loaded to the hilt is going to do better than 8 or 9?

BTW, the old 454 could drink just as thirsty as the 460. My Dad had one. 5-6 mpg towing

Hey I had quite a few 350,s .One in particular was absolutely the best truck I ever owned.And was a better truck then the fords with the 460,s. Not only would it pull the balls off a rhino .It got almost 30 miles to the gallon

Your so full of it no way it got 30 mpg in your dreams.A 460 isnt purchased for fuel economy its for POWER No Subsitute for power.

Just so your feeble mind can grasp the concept..... A Imperial Gallon is larger than A U.S gallon.And yes it did do 30 kicking about not 3 like your 460

By the looks of it.. your truck has only been used to go to town ;-) .Tough job. :roll:

frenchie":kxe57qzp said:
DD RANCH":kxe57qzp said:
frenchie":kxe57qzp said:

Just so your feeble mind can grasp the concept..... A Imperial Gallon is larger than A U.S gallon.And yes it did do 30 kicking about not 3 like your 460

By the looks of it.. your truck has only been used to go to town ;-) .Tough job. :roll:

You wish I have a 32 flatbed and a 8x28 stock trailer.I have rolled across scales with loads of scrap iron at over40,000#s total weight truck trailer and load. That truck has a power stroke diesel.It was purchased to deliver New Trailers I build and we double hook them.My flatbed holds 18 5x5 round bales and I load them if the field.Unlike you my truck is not a shrine it gets used and used hard.

Even with your larger gallon your full of it.My 460 pickup got 11 empty and 6 loaded But when it came to pulling in the mountains it was'nt I think I can like a Pinging sick SMALLBLOCK 350 we just kept on a cruising. You can dream about how tough those 350 are but there fine for getting groceries in your grocery getter.The big red truck weighs9600 american#s more than your truck and its payload.All hail the Queen.

glover36":rrc2tcrw said:
why dont u guys just get over it and go with a dodge haha lol it coudl sovle your problems esaily
Well, my dear old grandaddy , who left this earth nearly 20 years ago, claimed the best truck he had was a '53 Studebaker! Maybe they need to reorganize and put some trucks on the market. :D

The best truck is a Komotsuckihindishitoymitsunisen running a hybrid gasoline diesel LP engine. Tow capacity of 60,000 pounds making a mere 1500 HP. Available with a rice injection system boosting the power to 1750 HP.:lol:

DD RANCH":yawmbgxj said:
You wish I have a 32 flatbed and a 8x28 stock trailer.I have rolled across scales with loads of scrap iron at over40,000#s and that truck has a power stroke diesel..

icon_liar.gif

If bull***t was brass you would have a full band.

265.gif

DD RANCH":yawmbgxj said:
.My flatbed holds 18 5x5 round bales and I load them if the field.Unlike you my truck is not a shrine it gets used and used hard.

Whoopee for you.. Are you ever going to work that truck or baby it all your life .[/b]

flaboy+":39ryv8th said:
The best truck is a Komotsuckihindishitoymitsunisen running a hybrid gasoline diesel LP engine. Tow capacity of 60,000 pounds making a mere 1500 HP. Available with a rice injection system boosting the power to 1750 HP.:lol:

:lol: Only available at DD ranch ..

frenchie":wzyy8wzj said:
flaboy+":wzyy8wzj said:

OK what ever you say there french fry.I see your name in the world record book for shoveling the most BS 30 mpg from a 350 chevy yaa you betcha...pull the other one it has bells on it.eh

DD RANCH":32i6icuo said:
frenchie":32i6icuo said:
flaboy+":32i6icuo said:

OK what ever you say there french fry.I see your name in the world record book for shoveling the most BS 30 mpg from a 350 chevy yaa you betcha...pull the other one it has bells on it.eh

What are going to do ... next pull a Super B semi unit with that powerstroke :?: :lol:

DD RANCH":98nxjhrc said:
.I have rolled across scales with loads of scrap iron at over40,000#s and that truck has a power stroke diesel.

And while we are on the subject...Since when are we talking about diesels here.. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts