I Need Some Opinions about 15 ft Bat Wings

Help Support CattleToday:

10-e-c-dirtfarmer

Reaction score
I'm looking at BushHog 2215, Land Pride RC3715, and a Ironcraft 3515, (was named Titan)
Anyone had any experience with these 3 batwings??
Thanks,
TN Dirt

I have a land pride, probably 20 years old, not sure the model. They are heavy built. I've mowed over some pretty good sized trees with it.

I would say buy one rated for what you are going to use it for. We've got a Bushhog 3615 that's probably 20 yrs old. At the time it was the heaviest they made. We had planned on upgrading this year and the dealer had a couple 2215's in stock. After looking at them we decided they weren't built heavy enough for our pastures. The 2215 looks like it would work great on smooth grass/light brush type pastures but wouldn't hold up to years of pastures that had some 2-3 inch material in them, creek banks,mounds, etc. I believe we settled on the 2815 with walking axles until they gave us the new price and ship date. Maybe next year, 🤣🤣

Oh yes whatever you get spend the extra money on the chain guards.

Most all the brands will have a light, mid, and heavy duty option. That is the first thing you need to establish.

I have been told by a friend that JD is making a good, heavy duty cutter now. They were never really an option with brush. He runs several of them in some rough stuff and says he is having good luck with them.

I would say buy one rated for what you are going to use it for. We've got a Bushhog 3615 that's probably 20 yrs old. At the time it was the heaviest they made. We had planned on upgrading this year and the dealer had a couple 2215's in stock. After looking at them we decided they weren't built heavy enough for our pastures. The 2215 looks like it would work great on smooth grass/light brush type pastures but wouldn't hold up to years of pastures that had some 2-3 inch material in them, creek banks,mounds, etc. I believe we settled on the 2815 with walking axles until they gave us the new price and ship date. Maybe next year, 🤣🤣

Oh yes whatever you get spend the extra money on the chain guards.

I was priced a 2815 for $28795 and it was in stock, that's why I'm looking at a 2215 and 1 dealer is $2495.00 cheaper than the other on the 2215
Yes I have chains Fr/rear on my 3210 BH now

Last edited:
I was priced a 2815 for $28795 and it was in stock, that's why I'm looking at a 2215 and 1 dealer is $2495.00 cheaper than the other on the 2215
Yes I have chains Fr/rear on my 3210 BH now
I was quoted the same for the 2815 and I believe $22,000 for the 2215. The 3615 I have now is in decent enough shape so I decided to hold off. We may buy one this year though.

I was quoted $24500 at 1 dealer $26995 at another,
for the 2215. So far no LandPride quotes. Going by 1 LP dealer tomorrow, the Kubota/LP dealer that I bought my RTV from has not got back to me yet.

Latest posts