Three Point Sprayer I Keep Looking At

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have been drooling over this three point sprayer made by Iva Sprayers. This is a super heavy duty sprayer and the frame and the legs are so sturdy. You would not have to worry about the legs giving way as I see so many that are too small or how the sprayer sits on the ground. You can get a foam marker and a 15 gallon rinse tank added to the HT200M Base Model. I added the picture of a model that has the two mounted on top already. Does anyone have an Iva Sprayer? It looks like it would last a long time if you took care of it. I am real impressed with the stand on it. And how the booms fold.

This is perfect to get in the corners and small fields and be able to back into the areas that are tight. Keep it in the shop when not in use and it would last forever. They don't sell it in my area, but the closest store is in Kentucky. I am still thinking on it. We have to get the hay field back in shape and keep it sprayed along with the pastures at the other farm across the county.

63c56633d06f105ae0893b2c_IMG_9378.jpg5e5446d0b6a3ff1fc194925b_HT200S-3 200 3-point Sprayer-45' Boom.jpg

I've had 3pt sprayers before. Much rather have a trailed type, especially when you get over 150 gallons. If you're going to store it indoors and just use it for hay and pastures, why not go boomless?

@bird dog, it is a 200 gallon. It also comes in a 150 gallon tank. The hay field along the creek banks is totally flat. But in the center, it has a slow low hill. Let me see if you can see it in that video I posted of "All Keyed Up Over My Tractor" You can see the low level rise as it goes to the center of the field to the right . A gentle roll.

@Atimm693, A boomless nozzle sprays everything. It fogs the world. I have to be careful because this is crop country. I have a small window to spray. I have trees along the property line, and I do not want to kill those either. Yards run along the hay fields as well in different areas. Don't want to fog anyone's yard. I want to put the chemical right where I want it. Around here, it is impossible to find a decent used sprayer. They have to be totally reworked and or tank pulls. I cannot tell you how long we have been looking for a good used spray rig. They have them for sale 300 miles away. No matter what I find, I always go back to that sprayer. It just hurts my feelings thinking about writing the check. That is why keep looking at it. Maybe someone knows a different company or owns this sprayer and can give me a heads up.

Nice sprayer. Not cheap but it looks well built. It has some features I'm not sure you need that add to the price.

Some questions for you.

First, how big is your biggest field and how far from where you'll load?

How many total acres do you have to spray and how many passes a year do you expect to make?

How odd shaped are your fields/pastures?

@BFE I looked up the lifting capacity for the 3020 and they don't list it anywhere. One man said he believed it to be 3500 but may be as low as 3000lbs. 200 gallons Say you put straight Round up in that at 11.32 lbs a gallon. Water weighs 8.33 So 11.32 lbs X 200 gallons would be 2264 lbs. But mixing it with water will be much less. I cannot find a weight on the sprayer itself.

Right around my house, there is a 12 acre pasture and a 12 acre hay field.
2 miles down the road is another field of 18 acres of hay field.
3 miles from my house there is a 76 acre field that is in about 18 acres of pasture. That 76 acres will begin to expand to cover cattle more each year. But until we need it, the rest will stay in crops.

The next farm is about 22 miles away, and all together, and there is about 100 acres. The thing to think about, is each year that comes along, From there is another 47 acres that is in crops right now, but could be in the future for cattle too. Then 5 miles from that, is a 23 acre farm.

All of this land is subject to change for the use of it as the cattle grow, we take in more land . I have to think about where we will be in the next few years.
The land is very odd shaped as many areas to back into. After spraying that one field this fall and it cost right at $300, I want to make sure that I am not over spraying or circling. I want to put it where I need it, and turn off a boom when I get to the side where I only need half of a spread. We did a pre-emerge and Round up this fall to get rid of wild rye. It reseeds and I think comes up by the root also.

Possibly spraying the hay fields twice a year until we get them in line. The pastures, once a year.
Then we do have a trailer to load up a tractor and a flat bed to haul it across the county to spray. I hope that we will mix it per farm and not transport that chemical weight behind the tractor on the trailer. Going up those ramps with that much chemical can be tough.

I have a 600 litre boom spray with a 6 metre boom I use on the back of my 84hp older model Kubota. I use it on very rough uneven ground so would not want any bigger spread on the boom. The weight of a full tank the tractor handles comfortably however I have a rough creek crossing to get to where I use it the most and would not be comfortable with any more weight out the back there. I googled 200 US gallons and that would be 757 litres.

Ken

Hey Ken,
Don't you people on the bottom side have a different unit of measure for horsepower? Something less, so the number is bigger and more impressive, like roopower!:ROFLMAO:

IMG_1741.pngSo if I understand correctly, at the moment you will be using it on 100 acres twice a year, so 200 acres sprayed per year. Custom spraying here is 7.50 an acre so $1500 per year, and at sprayer price of$7500, you're looking at a five year payout based strictly on the numbers. Of course the more acres you cover with it the faster that payout comes.

If I were you I would go with the standard model. You don't need the 30" spacing unless you plan on spraying between rows with drops, and you won't do that in a pasture. The electric boom shutoffs is nice, but the manual does the same thing with less long term maintenance.

As far as I'm concerned the foamer and rinse tank are essential. All in all looks like a good unit. If you're buying new maybe you can get one without the extra nozzle spacing but with electric shutoffs if you want it.

I would forgo the aixr tips and get Teejet Turbo Twinjet tips. Best I've ever used. If you have to order them somewhere else, Fertilizer Dealer Supply is outstanding. Their staff is super knowledgeable. They will make sure you get what you need.

I would use a gps guidance system instead of a foam marker. Sure makes it a lot easier on irregular shaped pastures. I also like trailer models but my ground is rolling. I use one with 330 gallon capacity.

I have a little Spracoup self propelled for field work and a boomless sprayer for the side by side. I actually think if you put the gps in the side by side you could cover a lot of ground quite nicely. I spray at 5 gallons an acre so 12-13 acres per fill isn't bad.

Also keep in mind, the max lift on the tractor is with the tractor fully ballasted and on level ground. I just don't think you'd be happy with a 3pt hitch model. My pasture sprayer is a 300 gallon trailed type boomless, but it does not "fog". It has 2 actual boomless spray tips that can be turned on/ off independently. Sprays a perfect 35' swath every time. They sell new for $4000 here ( northeast Tennessee)

View attachment 39807So if I understand correctly, at the moment you will be using it on 100 acres twice a year, so 200 acres sprayed per year. Custom spraying here is 7.50 an acre so $1500 per year, and at sprayer price of$7500, you're looking at a five year payout based strictly on the numbers. Of course the more acres you cover with it the faster that payout comes.

If I were you I would go with the standard model. You don't need the 30" spacing unless you plan on spraying between rows with drops, and you won't do that in a pasture. The electric boom shutoffs is nice, but the manual does the same thing with less long term maintenance.

As far as I'm concerned the foamer and rinse tank are essential. All in all looks like a good unit. If you're buying new maybe you can get one without the extra nozzle spacing but with electric shutoffs if you want it.

I would forgo the aixr tips and get Teejet Turbo Twinjet tips. Best I've ever used. If you have to order them somewhere else, Fertilizer Dealer Supply is outstanding. Their staff is super knowledgeable. They will make sure you get what you need.
I posted the picture quickly, and did not go into a lot of detail about what we have been discussing. Absolutely manual booms. And if you go with a base model and then add the foam marker and the rinse tank it is cheaper than to buy the really nice one with all the bells and whistles as it saves quite a bit. My granson wants it to be very new electronics because he says it will be difficult to keep turning around pulling levers to shut this one off or change it. But I want to get one that they can continue to use after I am no longer in the picture.

When you say get TeeJet Turbo Twinjet tips. Can you tell me what the difference is in these tips? Not doubting what you are saying, but this is how I can learn about the product.

I never buy anything new. So, I keep studying this sprayer because this goes against my nature. But I see the used sprayers that are left sitting outside, and the tubing is dry rotted and tanks have holes busted in them. I don't want to start begging for help to get it ready to spray and then I have another piece of junk to add to things that will get fixed not in my lifetime. I did buy one piece and that was a 10 ft MX10 John Deere cutter. I got that in 2003. 21 years ago.

I do not like to borrow anything. Someone pays for it, and then you wear it out. If you see you are going to need it more than once, and every year, just go ahead and get your own.

We had a man that would borrow our hay trailer every year to haul his hay as it carries 9 bales and you just pull a lever and they roll off. And he baled quite a bit of hay. Then our disc cutter broke in the middle of one field with just a few acres to go, as I think it was where the mower connects to the PTO in the back and there is shaft there that messed up. That was a real eye opener. Probably had about 4 acres left in the field and then would have taken it right back. Used all that rubber on our tires and wear and tear those years he used out trailer. What's with people?? He feeds a lot of cows.

It is just best to have the equipment you need.

One thing I have to think about, Sam wants a larger tractor to run a baler. He has looked at a 4230, as they have one they cleaned up at his work. After seeing that John Deere tractor poll, I was impressed. Not so so sure about those little tiny tractors they have one there as I have not seen a 318 or a 445, but that sprayer won't have to be on that 3020 all the time. And the tank does not always have to be totally full. Just the future fields that I am concerned about.

The ground is flat really but a slight incline hill in one hay field. Then there is one field that has large dipping hills. Looks like part of Reefloot lake Earth quake hills. They plant corn on it, but, if you were to bale it, you better be careful where you let the bale out. It is the 18 acre field.

I came here hoping that someone would help me tweak the sprayer or change my mind. But you have given me more to think about. I do appreciate it.

I'm going to echo what most people are saying, not a fan of sprayers that size on a 3pt and we have fairly flat ground. For me it would be trailer mounted or hire it out.
Brute, is it the 200 gallon? If it was 150 gallon? I need to push and see how much chemical it will take to spray what we are working up to. I know I don't want saddle tanks, I want to drop it. All of what you are saying will make me put it back down on paper again. Figure what I can get buy with.

I have one like the low profile one in the third picture except mine is 15 years old. I have always kept it under cover.
https://heavybiltmfg.com/sprayers/

Its a simple design that is made very similar by a number of manufacturers.
I have it set up to spray 14 to 15 gallons of fluid per acre so it does 22 to 24 acres. Boomless is the way to go and I spray next to cotton. You just have to spray when the wind is right or before they plant. A good surfactant helps with the drift. With a GPS set on 28', I have very few missed strips and not much overlap. I run at 4 MPH and the pump is set at 30 PSI to get a 30' spray pattern. I spray at least 400 acres per year.

Latest posts